A delicious sandwich
How it got its name
- 1 Baguette
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Red Wine Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on the bread, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches and serve immediately.
Rich in taste
Food Groups of Caprese
Grain: the baguette.
Dairy: mozzarella cheese.
Fruits and Vegetables: heirloom tomatoes and basil tomatoes.
2) What are the ingredients meant to stand for? the colors of the Italian flag.
3) How many sandwiches does the recipe make? 2-4
4) How did the sandwich get its name and why? named after the island of Italy, Capri
5) Who came up with the caprese sandwich and how? a man that wants to remain unknown.