Super Star News Update
November 16 - November 20
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." --Andrew Gide
I was bragging on you again this week: You are professionals in identifying student needs. You do not say, "Johnny can't read." Instead, you observe, record, assess, analyze, reflect, and focus to identify the root and specific nature of student challenges, strengths, and weaknesses. You communicate honestly and frequently with parents and with each other. You intently track progress over short and long periods of time. You come prepared with data and solutions to SST, PLC, data talks, and meetings to promote informed decisions. You do this in order to intervene effectively at the earliest sign of need. You honor my predecessor and me with this high standard of excellence. Greater still, you intentionally and powerfully impact student learning, forever touching the lives of the young people around us. Thank you for setting them up for success through creative and strategic attention and support. You are the best, and you return with honor to this campus each day. I am thankful for you.
Items to Note
- Jon and the Leadership Team arranged to pick up lunch for you Friday! Thank you, Team!
- Reflection of the Week: Think about your ideal, perfect-world classroom. Close your eyes and picture that for 5 seconds....1...2...3...4...5... What did you see? What were the students doing? What do you TRULY want and expect in a perfect world? Tell me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8WC276W
- ¡Gracias! to so many of our classes who are submitting your exceptional Inferencing samples each week to Lisa! Several campus guests have commented on the posters displayed outside of Ms. Everwine's class, impressed by the diverse demonstrations of our student learning. Keep up the great work!!
- Mini-University: Stars, we have received much positive feedback about our Mini-University last week. Thank you for your participation and support, and for cheering on our courageous presenters. Looking forward to more opportunities to share and learn from each other in the future!
- A Lunch of Thanksgiving: Be on the look-out for a revised lunch schedule for next Thursday, November 19, as we anticipate hosting hundreds of parents and guests for Thanksgiving lunch in the cafeteria. Please plan accordingly! :)
- Our initial phase of LLI small group interventions will begin next week. Thank you for your data-based recommendations to Lisa for testing. Thank you, Lisa and Mary, for your relentless dedication over the last few weeks to prepare to strategically address specific learning needs.
- Paperless report cards... It's here! 2nd semester, we will begin paperless report cards. Parents will check averages in Skyward. What do we need to do in order to prepare them for this transition and support them in the process?
- Laramie, thank you for sending your students to lead us in Announcements this week. We're looking forward to hearing from Rachel's class!
Monday, Nov. 16th, 8:30am
1601 Country Manor Road
Fort Worth, TX
2nd -- 8:30 AM
3rd -- 9:05 AM
4th -- 9:40 AM.
Each program will last about 30 minutes.
Thank you for reminding your students of etiquette for our guests and for actively supervising them during the performance. Our STARS know how to Shine, and we are always excited to show them off!!