It is hard to believe that school will be starting back in just a few weeks. While we will still be faced with some challenges, the hope is that this year can be the start to school returning to a sense of normalcy. We are getting ready to send out letters to students from their teachers. That will be happening near the end of next week so be on the lookout. Renweb has not been opened for the 2021-22 school year just yet as we have to make the transition, so please don't panic if you are not able to access it at this time. As always, we are geared up to make this the best year ever at JIS!
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 - PTO Meeting @ JIS Library: 6:00 - this meeting is open to all parents interesting in being a part of the PTO!
- Tuesday, Aug. 10 - Ice Cream Social: 6-7:30
- Thursday, Aug. 12 - First day for students - Doors open at 8:30 and class starts at 8:50
- Thursday, Aug. 19 - Picture Day
Ice Cream Social: Tuesday, August 10 - 6:00 - 7:30
- 6:10- Third Grade
- 6:30 - Fourth Grade
- 6:50 - Fifth Grade
- 7:10 - Sixth Grade
During this time, your child's teacher will share with you a little about themselves and what the expectations for the school year will be. Please be prompt, as this is a very tight schedule and we know that parents will be trying to get from one meeting to the next and teachers will be starting on time.
6th Grade Students
- All 6th grade students must be up to date on their immunizations prior to the start of the school year. Please call your physician and schedule this appointment if you haven't already done so.
- There are opportunities for 6th graders to run cross country, wrestle, and play basketball. If your child is going to participate in a sport, there must be a physical on file.
- Any questions may be directed to our nurse, Mrs. Kelly Howard.
- We have added a counselor to our staff this year to continue to service the needs of our student body. Tim Adams will be joining us and working with all of our students, with a focus on fifth and sixth grade. Mrs. Burns will continue to serve our students with a focus on third and fourth grade.
- Mrs. Clarke, formerly of third grade, will be helping serve our students who have been identified as high ability as well as working with some of our new staff and helping us with data.
- Mrs. Geans, sixth grade, has left us to pursue interests outside of education. She will be missed by all.
- Mrs. Pawlak is moving on up to the Jr. High to help with intervention and Family and Community Services. She will be missed but not too far away!!
- Mrs. Zartman, special ed paraprofessional, will be taking over Explorations at Jimtown Elementary replacing Mr. Umpleby. They will be extremely lucky to have her.
- We are still working through staffing but are excited about the opportunities we have had to interview some teachers who are extremely eager to be a part of Baugo Community Schools.
Miss Daisy will be joining us more frequently this school year and we hope to have her transition to full time by the spring. She has had quite the summer and keeps the Brubaker family on our toes. Below are just a few looks into her summer!