Sunset Valley Elementary 9/14/18
- This week is National Suicide Awareness Week. The positive mental health of our students, staff and families is so important to us. LSR7 has great information on mental wellness and community resources.
- Mrs. Wadel, SVE Art Teacher, has an SVE student that is a nominee for the Artsonia "Artist of the Week"!!! Pretty cool! Please consider voting for Gavin! To view the finalists and cast your vote, simply click on the link below. Voting is limited to one vote per computer per day for each age group! http://www.artsonia.com/aotw/vote/teacher/65852219
- Thank you for all of your support for our SVE PTA! Please remember to become a member! Your participation helps to fund wonderful opportunities for our kids!
- Thank you for your participation in the CFMP community engagement series! This is an opportunity to re-imagine learning spaces for our kids and how to prepare them for their future.
- Our Reading Specialist, Mrs. Ashley Welch, is dedicating a lot of time in supporting our students and teachers in the area of literacy, and understanding more about Dyslexia and how it impacts our students.
- Please see information from our School Counselor, Mrs. Jodi Mahurin.
Mrs. Morris: LSR7 Learning For Life Award Recipient!
Sunset Valley Teacher Denise Morris - Learning for Life Award Winner
LS R-7 is proud to announce Denise Morris, Sunset Valley Elementary first grade teacher, as our September Learning for Life award winner. The Learning for Life Award is presented to one employee each month and rotates between elementary certified, secondary certified and support staff. Winners are nominated by co-workers and selected by a team of employees.
In nomination forms, colleagues had this to say about Mrs. Morris:
“Denise is one of those quiet heroes for her staff and students.”
“One year Denise received a new student mid-year who did not know her letters. Denise was so determined to get her caught up, she coordinated an army of staff members who had a minute here and there to come by and work on letters. By the end of the year she had this student reading!”
"Denise spent an entire weekend helping one of our teachers move buildings and set up her classroom. This is just one of the hundreds of small acts that Denise does for others, that do not go unnoticed."
"Denise is a role model for me in and out of the classroom. She is the true definition of a selfless person."
Our congratulations to Mrs. Morris!
- Just a reminder, the Back to School Picnic is scheduled for Monday, September 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm!
- Please visit our website www.svepta.org to: see a list of our activities, join PTA, purchase your yearbook, volunteer, and see our proposed 2018-2019 PTA budget which will we vote on at the Back to School Picnic.