The Storm Forecast
November 29, 2021
Dear Students and Families
As we return to school, we are preparing to finish our first semester. Students will be spending time finishing their first semester units, taking semester exams, and preparing for mid year benchmarks in January. The mid year benchmarks will assess their progress in reading and math. Biology students and 8th grade students will also be taking a mid year benchmark in January.
As parents, you can help your student by checking Focus and ensuring that your student is turning in all assignments. The main cause for low grades is missing assignments.
Students with high school courses will be cementing their GPA with their 2nd quarter grades as 1st and 2nd quarter average together to calculate GPA, so it is very important that they have a strong finish to the quarter.
Thank you for supporting your students and staying involved in their education.
A message from our Headquarters office regarding facemask update
Before and after school care
Do you need them to stay in an after school program?
San Jose Schools has both before and after school care programs.
Before care is from 6:30am-7:30am
After care is from 2:45pm-6:00pm
Interested? Go to:
or email email@example.com
Holiday shopping on Amazon?
If you shop at smile.amazon.com, the site is identical to the regular Amazon site, however, a % of your purchase will be donated back to the school. Simply go to your Amazon Smile settings and designate River City Education Inc (our Board of Directors) as your charity. That's it!
Now you just keep shopping and it will help the school at the same time!
Got questions? We've got you!
The chart below lays out the appropriate communication steps for reaching out to school staff about your student. Following the communication protocol will be the best way to resolve your concerns.
- Classroom concerns should always be addressed with the teacher first, not administration. The teacher has first hand knowledge of what is happening on a daily basis in the classroom and can give you the most accurate information in a more timely manner
- Any time that you want to set up a conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will reach out to you to schedule it
We are here to work with you for the success of your student.
If your student is involved in an emergency....
Please go to your Focus parent portal and update all of your information.
- Log in to your Focus parent portal
- Go to the left hand column
- under your student's name, you will see a small menu
- Click on Forms Summary
- Click on the link for Emergency Contact Information & Authorization to Release Student from School
- Fill out all the fields
- Click submit
Parking on campus
Parking permit registration paperwork can be found on our website under the Students tab. Go to Student Forms and click on Parking Decal Registration.
Decal registrations are turned in to Ms. Thurlow.
Parking lot safety
While we understand that it can be frustrating, it is important that everyone follow safety protocols while on campus. We have had multiple incidents of parent cars almost hitting our staff due to speeding or shortcutting the system.
Please work with us to keep our staff and your students safe.
Some other safety issues:
- If you live across the street, you and /or your students cannot run across Sunbeam Rd. All pedestrians need to cross at the designated crosswalks.
- Please do not stop your car on Sunbeam Rd to drop off or pick up your students
- if you are turning left onto campus, please do not block Sunbeam Rd...you can easily get T-boned and serious injury can occur
- Don't speed in the school zones
- The center parking lot is not a pick up/drop off zone!
- Please remember that the properties adjacent to Prep are private property and are NOT pick up/drop off zones. Business owners are about to call police on parents on their properties. This includes the doctors' office complex next to the school, Hospice, and Padawan Academy.
We thank you in advance for helping us keep everyone safe.
- Athletic pants- joggers, sweats, leggings, athletic shorts, etc... are not allowed. Only khaki style pants and bermuda shorts are allowed
- Skirts and shorts must be no higher than 2 inches above the knee
- Students must be wearing school issued polo shirts.
Students who are in violation of uniform dress code will be sent to ISS
Uniform skirt length
Skirt length also applies to Dress for Success Thursdays.
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
Parent Resource Center
We have a variety of resources available to you- from books that you can check out, computer stations that you can use, financial aid information, community resources, and more.
Check in at the front desk and sign in at the Parent Resource Center desk.
November 29-Dec 4: Homecoming Week
December 6-10: Semester exams
December 13-17: Holiday Spirit Week
December 20-January 3: Winter break
January 4: Back to school