Northern American Living
New Hampshire / West Virginia / Canada
- Crime- The crime rate in NH is 85.6 compared to the national rate of 298.5.
- Economy- NH is the sixth wealthiest state in the country with a per capita income of $31,871.
- Taxes- New Hampshire has property tax only.
- Cultural Activities- Cultural activities in NH include pumpkin and apple picking, maple sugaring, and the Deerfield Fair.
- Religion- 34.5% of the NH population are religious with 24% Catholic and the others at less than 3%.
- Climate- NH has all four seasons! During Spring, the average temperature is 55. Summer is 76, Fall is 62, and Winter is 38.
- Jobs- The average salary of employees in NH is $62,647 and the unemployment rate is 5.1%.
- Recreation Available- NH has thousands of stores to chose from, malls, theaters, and more. There are many places to go hiking, biking, or enjoy a canoe ride. You can also go to the beach to surf.
- Sports- Skiing, baseball, football, lacrosse, and more.
- Racial Makeup- 94.4% of the people in NH are Caucasian while African American are 1.4% and the others are less than 1%.
- Crime- WV has a crime rate of 1,266.20 compared to the national rate of 1,723.80.
- Economy- West Virginia is the second poorest state in the country with a per capita income of $21,232.
- Taxes- West Virginia has income tax only.
- Cultural Activities- There are many galleries, museums, musical venues, and more in the mountains of WV.
- Religion- In WV, 35.53% of the people are religious. 10.27% are Baptist, 7.59% are Methodist, 5.32% are Catholic, and others are the remaining percentage.
- Climate- The climate of WV can become very dangerous as it can get hurricanes and massive rain fall with winds. The average temperature for Spring is 60 degrees, 77 in Summer, 73 in Fall, and 43 in Winter.
- Jobs- The average salary of employees in WV is $38,482 and the unemployment rate is 6.2%.
- Recreation Available- Activities to do in WV include hiking, biking, golfing, state fairs, and more.
- Sports- Golf, snow tubing, skiing, snow boarding, and more.
- Racial Makeup- 94% of the people in WV are Caucasian, 3.4% are African American, and the others are all less than 2%.
- Crime- The crime rate in Quebec City is 50.8 compared to the Canadian rate of 81.4.
- Economy- If Quebec were a country, it could rank 44th in the world. It's per capita is $32, 051.
- Taxes- Quebec has goods and services tax as well as sales tax.
- Cultural Activities- Whether it's going to see the Chateau Frontenac, the most photographed hotel in the world, going to the Hotel de Glace, or going to a maple sugar shack, there are numerous ways to experience canadian culture.
- Religion- The majority of the population of Quebec are Roman Catholic.
- Climate- The climate in Quebec is very cold, as they have a long winter, but during the summer temperatures can reach 80 degrees. However, the nights can still remain very cold.
- Jobs- The average salary in Quebec is $5,395 and the unemployment rate is less than 1%.
- Recreation Available- The number of shops and restaurants in Quebec are countless, and the places to visit and things to do are numerous.
- Sports- People that live in Quebec love Hockey and Canadian football.
- Racial Makeup- The different racial groups are all mostly under 1%.
The highlights of New Hampshire are the low crime rate, the four-season climate, the activities and places to visit, and the sports. Some negatives about New Hampshire may be the condition of the economy. Though the economy is not the best, it is not the worst either. Some may see the racial makeup of the state as a bad thing since it is not widely diverse, but I believe there are plenty of diverse people out there. The income and salary of a citizen living in New Hampshire very much affects the economy as well as the amount of jobs and the unemployment rate, which is very low. The climate affects the recreational and cultural activities to do as well as the sports. Over time, the cultural activities have affected the recreational activities as well as the sports that are played in New Hampshire. The movement of people to New Hampshire has increased in the past few years and this has an affect on all categories.
The positives of West Virginia are the cultural and recreational activities as well as the sports that occur there. These have all been affected by the climate, whether good or bad, as well as the migration of people and things into the area. The down sides of West Virginia are mainly the economy, jobs, taxes, and crime rate. These categories all have a major relation to each other in the fact that the economy affects the jobs and taxes and when those things are poor, it creates the need for money, which affects the crime rate. The climate can be great, but it can also be very dangerous. The violent storms that hit this area have a major impact on the people and things. While the activities to do are great, they are pretty widely dispersed throughout the state and they are mainly outdoor activities.
The significantly major positive thing about Quebec in Canada is the many things to do. There are so many places to visit and so many stores to shop in that you could never get bored. This factor alone could be a reason for many people to want to live in Canada. However, the cold climate and average economy and crime rate may also be major turn-off for many people. Two other major factors of Quebec are the extremely low unemployment rate and the language. A huge majority of Quebecains speak French and will probably be speaking it most of the time. However, a large percentage of them also know English.
The granite state will always be my home!
It's where I grew up and it's where I'll stay! The facts prove that it's the best, but there's also something about home that can't be changed. Though I will most likely be moving away for college at least, I know that I will most likely come back to the state I love most. The leaves changing color, the apple picking, the sports, and the different regions of the state make it the perfect state for me!