Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ
May 16, 2016
A Note from the Interim Principal
TEN DAYS! How will we ever get everything done in TEN DAYS?!?
As you can see below, the calendar is jam-packed! Thursday, the "torch will be passed" as the 7th graders become the leaders on our campus. The 8th graders finish this week with a noon dismissal on Friday. This Friday, we will have Step-Up Day when the students will visit next year's classrooms and get a taste of what is to come in August. They can ask questions of their future teacher and get a feel for a new classroom with new topics to cover and higher expectations.
Our students have done well and worked hard this year. The teachers, staff and I are so proud of them!
- Monday, 5/16 - Spirit Day Dress
- Thursday, 5/19 - Candle Mass - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/19 - Pinning Ceremony and Reception
- Thursday, 5/19 - Kona Ice Fundraiser - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/19 - Sports Banquet - 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 5/20 - Last Day of School for 8th Grade (Noon Dismissal for 8th grade only)
- Saturday, 5/21 - Father Jeff 15th Anniversary Celebration in Life Center - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 5/24 - HFCS Community Night at the Rangers Game!
- Wednesday, 5/25 - NOON DISMISSAL (see Extended Day info below)
- Wednesday, 5/25 - 8th Grade Graduation - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/26 - Field Day - NOON DISMISSAL (see Extended Day info below)
- Friday, 5/27 - End of Year School Mass - 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, 5/27 - Recognition Ceremony in Church - 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, 5/27 - Last Day of School - NOON DISMISSAL (see Extended Day info below)
First Holy Communion
HFCS Community Night at the Rangers Game!
This year, we are excited to have Holy Family Catholic School Community Night with the Texas Rangers. The game is on Tuesday, May 24th versus the Angels.
This is "Ten Dollar Tuesday"! Fans can get $10 Upper Box tickets, and $10 parking. Fans may also go online and purchase a $10 Meal Deal that includes a hot dog, soda, and peanuts or popcorn. Meal Deal is available to online purchasers of the Upper Box sections only, and will cut off 48 hours in advance of the game. This is a great price!
If you are interested, please go to the website:
Scroll down to "Ten Dollar Tuesdays" and click "buy tickets". We can not reserve the section. However, it was recommended that we click on Upper Box and then section 325. Our goal will be to get in this section (or as close to it as possible.)
If you plan to attend, please send me an e-mail (email@example.com). It will be nice to have an idea of how many will be attending from Holy Family. If you have any specific questions about the game-day logistics, please contact Jan Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Ballpark! Go Rangers!
10th Annual HFCS Dads' Club Golf Tournament
Thank you to all of our players, sponsors and volunteers who made the 10th Annual HFCS Dads' Club Golf Classic a success! We had beautiful weather and great day of golf.
The team of Brent McClure, Steve Bjelland, Ken Conlon & David Reeder (sponsored by Atlas General Agency, LLC) took home first prize and the 2016 championship jackets. We look forward to being back at Waterchase next May for the 2017 tournament.
Also, for the first time ever, one of our tournament players hit a hole-in-one to win a car! By acing the Par-3 hole #2, Trent McGee won the red Mercedes sedan provided by RLB Sales & Leasing that was parked near the hole. This was Trent’s second Dads’ Club Classic. He is the son of Johnny & Sharon McGee, longtime Holy Family parishioners, and has a Godson attending HFCS.
Donuts with Dad
Volunteer Appreciation Mass
PK4 Mother's Day Tea
Greek Festival Day in 7th Grade
Kona Ice Fundraiser
Friendly reminder- If you are interested in buying spring portraits, please review your child’s package now to choose the portrait sheets you want and return any portrait sheets you don’t purchase to your child’s teacher ASAP. There is no obligation to buy, but a portion of each purchase will be donated to the school. Thank you if you’ve already done so.
This summer, HFCS is installing a beautiful new feature on the southeast corner of the school building — the Holy Family Alumni Prayer Garden. In connection with the school’s ongoing 70th anniversary celebration, HFCS families and alumni, as well as all Holy Family parishioners, are invited to participate in this project. There are two ways to be a part of the Prayer Garden project:
(1) Sponsor a brick — Have your name, the name of a HFCS student or alumni, or another special message engraved on a brick in the garden walkway. To honor HFCS’s 70th year of Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ, you can reserve your brick today for $70.
(2) Put a name on the HFCS Wall of Service — Honor a beloved current or former HFCS teacher, administrator, volunteer, or anyone else who has impacted our children’s lives in the last 70 years by submitting their name for inclusion on the Wall of Service plaque that will be installed in the Prayer Garden ($20 per name).
Extended Day for Last Week of School
The schedule for Extended Day for the last week of school is as follows:
- Monday--5/23-Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Tuesday--5/24--Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Wednesday--5/25--Regular morning Extended Day/ afternoon 12-5pm (please bring a lunch)
- Thursday--5/26--Regular morning Extended Day/afternoon 12-6pm (please bring a lunch)
- Friday--5/27--Regular morning Extended Day -- NO afternoon care
Monday and Tuesday will be billed at the end of each day. These fees need to be paid by Wednesday 5/25.
Wednesday through Friday must be prepaid. Use the form below and circle the sessions that your child will attend Extended Day. Attach payment and return the form to the Business Office no later than Friday May 20, 2016.
A separate form is needed for each student but payment may be combined.
Vacation Bible Camp
Three Camps in One: Pre-School 3 years – 5th grade
Middle School 6th -8th grade
June 13th -17th 9:00-12:00
Register at holyfamilyfw.org
(Look for “Seasonal – Cave Quest”)
Engineering and Fine Arts Summer Camps at Nolan Catholic
St. John's 5K and 15K
Attention all Nolan Catholic High School Families!
NCHS Project Graduation ‘17 is sponsoring the Annual Used Uniform Sale.
This is a great opportunity to purchase gently used Nolan uniforms at a discounted price and help us support the Project Graduation effort to offer fun and safe activities for graduating seniors in 2017. Mark your calendars and be ready to shop on June 9th, from 5pm--7pm in the NCHS Commons. Cash or check only. For more information please contact Kristin Pecot (email@example.com) Michelle Steining (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Hoffman (email@example.com)