Model. Inspire. Connect. Achieve.
Week of May 9, 2022
Rio Hondo High School PTECH
Mission: The mission of the Rio Hondo Independent School District is to educate every student by creating an environment of high expectations, innovation, and strong partnerships.
From Mr. R's Desk
The end of the school year is right around the corner and we cannot let our guard down, especially right now. This is crunch-time and we need everyone doing their part.
- Continue with quality instruction. Every class should be starting off with a bell-ringer and ending with an Exit Ticket. Every day, every period.
- Continue with supervision. Your presence makes a big difference, especially in between classes.
- Continue contacting parents. If there's an academic or behavior concern with a student, you should call parents immediately.
- Remember, only one student per pass and no hall passes the first or last 15 minutes of instruction.
- Do not accept any student that does not belong in your class. You're the adult, the professional, and the one who controls your classroom... no one else.
I will say it again, instruction and discipline go hand-in-hand. If there’s quality instruction and it’s meaningful, students will stay on-task but if there’s no instruction and/or it’s not meaningful, students will be off-task and be disruptive. Instruction/learning should be from bell to bell and with a purpose. We have taken great strides and we cannot afford to take a step in the wrong direction. Let’s control what we can control.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK 2022
National Nurses Day 2022
Texas FFA State Livestock Judging Contest
Student Council Reads to Rio Hondo Elementary Bobcats
Texas Southmost College Dual Enrollment Political Science Class
Valley Morning Star Girls Basketball Offensive Player of the Year... Eliza Rodriguez
Valley Morning Star Girls Basketball Newcomer of the Year... Emily Molina
Valley Morning Star Girls Basketball Coach of the Year... Victor Sauceda
Golf Academic All State... Sebastian Villarreal, Jalyssa Sauceda, Jason Rodriguez
Once a Bobcat, Always a bobcat... Holly Ramirez, US Marine Corps
Alumni Misty Garza (Class of 2021) stops by to visit Mr. R
Academic Awards Ceremony 2022
Decision Day 2022
60-Second Strategy: Daily Intentions | Edutopia
Rio Hondo HS PTECH: College, career & Military Readiness in rural South Texas
College, Career & Military Readiness In Deep South Texas
Come Home to Rio Hondo ISD
Rio Hondo HS Report Card 2018-2019
RIO HONDO HS REPORT CARD 2019-2020
Rio Hondo High School PTECH
Our MISSION is to create experiences and opportunities for our students. We have established a culture of high academics and a college and career-ready curriculum. At Rio Hondo High School PTECH, we focus on educating the whole child.