The Badger Bulletin
Volume 2, Issue 2
What a great first 2 weeks of school we have had. Open House was fabulous last night. The administrative team heard numerous positive comments from current students, former students, parents and staff. Thank you so much for being here and show casing the great things we are doing at EW! Our students are starting to get more comfortable on campus so please continue to provide clear expectations, reinforce and recognize with all of your students. Please continue to email me and/or send me pictures of the great things you have going on in your classes. We must tell our story or someone else will and it most likely won't be the story we want told. I appreciate the "shout outs" that have been sent to me via email. Keep them coming! I hope you all have a great 3 day weekend and are able to have time to relax!
Badger & Box Tops for Education
It’s an Advisory class challenge!
Help support AVID by bringing the most Box Tops. They are on a lot of food items and supplies that you and/or your parents purchase. All you have to do is cut them out and bring them to your advisory teacher.
The advisory class with the most Box Tops will be provided a pizza party. We will have a winner for 1st semester and 2nd semester.
Who is going to donate the most box tops? Will it be your class?
Please announce this competition to your students on Wednesday, 9/9 during advisory.
Benefit Pancake Breakfast supporting Coach Mike May
Saturday, September 19th from 8am until 11 am
At Ed Willkie Middle School. If you would like to volunteer please let Ashley know.
*$5 for kids 10 & under with adults being $10 with a 100% of proceeds going to Coach May. DONATIONS ACCEPTED AS WELL. Please come out to Support Coach May & his family as he battles Multiple Myeloma for the second time!
Here is a link to a Marzano article on rounds for education. Take time before Sept. 11th to read this article.
POWERFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR STUDENTS
1. What do you think?
2. Why do you think that?
3. How do you know this?
4. Can you tell me more?
5. What questions do you still have?
Badger Spirit Days 2015
September 8 Wear a Hat! Put a Cap on the Colts
September 15 Wear EWMS gear! School the Porcupines
September 22 Wear Camouflage! Hunt the Hawks
September 29 Dress like a Cowboy! Lasso the Lions
October 6 Dress like a Rock Star! Rock the Frogs
October 13 Wear Crazy Hair/Socks! Confuse the Hornets
October 20 Dress like a Superhero! Overpower the Wildcats
October 27 Wear College Gear! Outsmart the Coyotes
November 3 Wear Black! Black out the Hornets
Week at a Glance
- Friday (9/4)
- Happy Birthday, Cara Shaffer!
- Monday (9/7)
- Labor Day- Student and Staff Holiday
- Tuesday (9/8)
- Electives PLC at 7:45 in Room 237
- Department PLC’s Begin - Please be on time and be prepared. Bring your laptop and rigor, relevance, and learner engagement rubrics. (located in your Willkie Way Binder)
- Annual Employee & Family Flu Clinic 3:00-4:30 - Small Conference Room
- Football vs. CVMS/4:30,5:30,6:45/7th@BHS/8th@CTHS
- Happy Birthday, Audra Jarratt!
- Wednesday (9/9)
- Thursday (9/10)
- Happy Birthday, Dawn Reynolds!
- Friday (9/11)
- TSR part 1 Due in Eduphoria
- Compliance Bundle (professional or basic) due in Eduphoria under eCourse.
- Saturday (9/12)
- Cross Country Meet @ Decatur HS
- 9/15- Club Connections Begin
- 9/16- Faculty Meeting @ 7:50 or 3:50
- 9/17- HR forms due in Skyward
- 9/19- Pancake Fundraiser for Coach May
- Thank you to those who have joined PTO. We are almost at 100% of our campus joining and I am thrilled!
- PDAS Assignments and our Staff Birthday List have been uploaded on OneDrive.
- If you have a specific need for professional development, please do not hesitate to share it with me. We all must continue to learn and I will support you!
- When you complete an absence from duty request that is school related, please indicate what type of training, meeting, etc. you are attending right next to the school related area. You need to complete a form for all school related business; even your off campus content PLC's.
- I absolutely love when you are tweeting on Twitter and tag #badgerpride. Keep it up! If you haven't created a Twitter account, consider doing so.
- Students are allowed to have water in class as it will keep them from needing to leave class for water. Please make sure lids are kept on their water bottles and we certainly don't need to make this a huge issue.
- Make sure you are differentiating not only in your lesson plans but also in your classrooms for your various levels of learners.
- Sunshine Committee still has parking spots left in the front if you would like to reserve your spot for the year. The cost is $35 total. The money will go to the Sunshine Committee and will eventually be used for the staff. You may also still pay dues, $20, if you are interested in donating. Also, please be mindful of where you park, the numbered spots are reserved for the staff who have already purchased them.
- Paper recycling pick-up will resume next week. 2 days a week our 7th & 8th grade student volunteers will empty the blue bins. Staff members should place their blue bins in the hallway when they get to school in the morning. Please do not put them out the night before. Beginning around 8 am, students will come by, pull the bag (all material must be bagged), and they will replace the trash bag. The bins will be left in the hallway. Band, choir, 6th grade hall, & 7th grade halls will be picked up on Wednesday. Electives and 8th grade hall will be picked up on Thursdays.
- When we have guest teachers on campus, please continue to help them feel at home and make sure they have everything they need to be successful!
- Jen Fifer - Thank you for covering my greeter station when I was pulled off campus.
- Nicole Stevens & Veronica Mellado - Thank you for taking care of the concession stand with your academic team students this weekend!
- David Johnson - Thank you for assisting a parent in need with Rank 1!
- Christy Brewer - Thank you for working your magic!
- Kayla Bradford - Thank you for your flexibility when requests come your way!
- Christina Franklin - Thank you for your patience!
- Nyemade Gilmore - Thank you for helping in the front office when we are short handed!
- Annmarie Comer - Thank you for the awesome AVID activity that encourages your students to learn how to properly introduce themselves. We have such great kids!
- Karen Walters - Thank you for jumping in and taking care of all of the teachers copy needs!
- Jen Fifer - Thank you for taking care of this when we need extra help in the office!
- Amy Huddleston & Katie Munk - Thank you for doing such a thorough job of organizing our fabulous character ed program, LionsQuest!
- Corrina Peters - Thank you for beginning the process of creating a Makerspace for our students!