JSE Staff, March 18th
"LOVE YOUR PEOPLE"
A timely quick read, "One to Grow On, Mileposts of a Meaningful Life" for you as you enjoy a week for you and we return refreshed and pumped up to finish the year strong!
Wishing you rejuvenating R&R!
Classroom Discussions in Math
Step 1: Helping individual students clarify and Share Their Own Thoughts
Step 2: Helping Students Orient to the Thinking of Others
Step 3: Helping Students Deepen Their Own Reasoning
Step 4: Helping Students Engage with the Reasoning of Others
Add to your questioning:
Turn and Talk
Stop and Jot
Will you share that with the class?
So are you saying? (revoicing)
Our Goal: Thinking, talking, moving, or emotionally involved so that what you teach gets into long-term memory.
- Math TEXTBOOK Samples: **I have heard excellent things about MyMath and iready, please head to 105 and have a look at your grade level materials! Let the committee know what you thinkl. A decision will be made shortly after spring break.
- Wednesday: Safety Meeting in Cathy's Room
- Thursday: Q and A with STAR in Tara's Room **STAR for Reading and Math window opens Monday. Get to the lab!
Reminders and Important Dates
- STAR Lab Here April 5th and 6th
- Family Science Night April 7th 6pm
- Don't forget to display your Science work in the hallway for Science night.
- STAR Testing Math and Reading after Spring Break-check the google calendar for the window.
- Teach/Model/Instill/Emphasize CSL: Demonstrate Perseverance and Bucket-filling Trait: Gratitude
- Turn in 100% Effort Work.
- Spirit Fridays, wear your orange and green!