Week at a Glance
Plans are coming together for the Family Tailgating Party on the 26th! Many thanks to Beth S., Beth M, and Patrice for helping plan and organize the event!
I was able to get quite a bit of shopping done for the event over the weekend getting supplies and nonperishable food items needed. We do have several families who are donating hot dogs and condiments. All those items are due this Wednesday, and a reminder will be sent home tomorrow. That way I can inventory what we have and get the remaining hot dogs needed along with the hot dog buns and cookies next weekend.
We do have a few games, the book fair, and a free meal for families to enjoy. Several volunteers will be needed to help supervise the games and help serve the meal. (hot dogs, chips, cookie, and drink) Please let me know if you are able to help with the event whether it be for the full time (5:30-7:30 p.m.) or for a portion of it. Please let me know by Tuesday so I can map out a schedule. Your help is appreciated!
- Week 20 of LA curriculum guide
- PAC luncheon
- 7:30 a.m.--whole group collaboration
- 11:00 a.m.--parent meeting--Erin M. & Karen
- 2:50 p.m.--certified staff meeting
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--archery practice
- alternate specials schedule--See below.
- 7:30 a.m.--meeting--Kurt & Karen
- 7:50 a.m.--meeting--Dona & Karen
- 8:30 a.m.--Officer Phil program for preK-gr. 4
- 9:30 a.m. (or right after convo)--meeting w/Karen in conference room--Ellen, Jill, Cathy, Peggy, Judy, Elizabeth, Erin, & Nick
- 12:00 p.m.--parent meeting--Erin M. & Karen
- 2:40 p.m.--Student Council meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meeting--gr. 5 & 6
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.--basketball practice
- Book fair delivered--TBD
- 7:30 a.m.--meeting--Amber & Karen
- 10:00-11:00 a.m.--ISTEP readiness test for gr. 3-6
- 1:00-2:15 p.m.--gr. 4 zoo program
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Jessica W. & Karen
- 2:50 p.m.--meeting--Megan & Karen
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--archery practice
- 8:15 a.m.--fire drill
- 8:30 a.m.--Submit Student of the Week nomination
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Josh & Karen
- 2:40 p.m.--NEHS meeting
- PD @ ENHS room 612--standards based grading--group grades
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--basketball practice
- 7:30 a.m.--meeting--Karen & Kari
- 8:15 a.m.--case conference--Megan, Jessica, Deb, Heather H., & Karen
- 10:00 a.m.--case conference--Lucinda, Courtney, Heather H., Deb, & Karen
- 11:00 a.m.--meeting w/parent--Erin M., & Karen
- 1:00 p.m.--NEU convo--Nick supervises Kurt's class; Reschedule library w/Ellen for those with schedule conflict
- 3:30 p.m.--Weekly Notes due from sped and special area teachers
- BOOK FAIR: The book fair will be delivered sometime on Wednesday. I will be setting it up Wednesday afternoon and we can begin shopping as early as Thursday. I will send out a sign up sheet through Google Docs to sign up for a time to take your class to the book fair. I will have book fair flyers to send home on Monday that has a preview of some of the books that will be available for purchase. I'm not sure how much room the book fair will take up; I know tables will have to be moved in the MP room. For now, let's say that the MP room will be unavailable to use for Success, small groups, etc. until we know more of how much space will be available. Please make sure the MP room stays locked, especially during the book fair.
- STANDARDS BASED GRADING: The topic for this week's PD session is group grades. How do we assign grades for group projects/tasks? I know that is a question that many teachers have had over the years. Thursday's discussion will shed light on that. I do appreciate those who have been able to attend the PD sessions over the course of the year as it helps build a foundational understanding of effective grading practices. As we move to make some changes in our grading practices as a school district at the start of trimester 3, I encourage all to attend these important PD sessions.
- NEU CONVO: We are in for a treat this Friday! Jackie's son Jamie will be our guest speaker for our NEU convo! He is going to share his goals as well as his music. It's going to be a GREAT program!
4-D--reschedule directly with Ellen