Everitt Family Newsletter
~ For Everitt Families: October 1, 2021
Para traducir, haga clic en el enlace "Translate" a la derecha o encima de este boletín.
Dear Everitt Families:
Happy Friday, Everitt community!
We are enjoying the cooler weather here at Everitt and hope you are, too.
Our construction is continuing in a positive direction. The material for our secure vestibule for our new entrance has been delayed and we are anticipating completion of the vestibule by the end of this month. The delay of the vestibule has caused delays for our signage as well but soon the vertical white posts will contain signage directing visitors to our new entrance on the south side of our building. The wood paneling for the entrance into the office area/main hall should be put in next week so you are likely to see people working on the building when you come for parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday.
Speaking of conferences, below you will find more information about how in-person and remote conferences will work next week. We are very much looking forward to meeting with you and your child!
Many of our clubs are now up and running, we will have a table at conferences with information about the clubs and an opportunity to sign up for clubs as well. The information for clubs will also be on our website soon! It is wonderful to see the students engaged in shared passions together.
Thank you for supporting and believing in your neighborhood school. It is our privilege to partner with you!
Amanda Pouliot, Interim Principal
Everitt Middle School
Connection and up-to-date information available here for all Everitt Families and Staff.
Important Updates Here!-- Please Save these Dates!
Tues, Oct 5 In-Person Parent/Teacher Conferences (4:00-6:30 pm)
Weds, Oct 6 ALL PERIODS WILL MEET (MTF Schedule)
Weds, Oct 6 Picture Retake Day in the library
Weds, Oct 6 Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences (4:00-6:30 pm)
Thurs, Oct 7 Teacher PD Day (No School for Students)
Fri, Oct 8 Fall Break!
Weds, Oct 13 PTA/SAC 6:30-8:30 (This is a change)
2021-2022 Bell Schedule
Things Happening at Everitt!
You should have received emails for Sign Up Genius for remote (online) conferences with each of your child's teachers. The online conferences will take place on Wednesday, October 6th from 4:00-6:30. Spots are filling quickly but, fear not, you can still have conferences with your child's teachers if the remote conferences are all taken.
On Tuesday, October 5th, we will have in-person conferences here at Everitt from 4:00-6:30 pm. While you are at conferences, please come to the top of the stairs to sign up for clubs and get your child's CMAS and MAP data. You can find your child's teachers in these locations:
- 6th grade teachers will be in the cafeteria
- 7th grade teachers will be in the gym
- 8th grade teachers will be in the library
- Elective teachers will be in the lounge at the top of the stairs
We've asked teachers to keep the in-person conferences to 5 minutes or less so that we can meet with as many families as possible. If you feel that you may need more time, please call your child's counselor and schedule a time through them.
- Last Names A-K - Kelsey Cockrell (email@example.com)
- Last Names L-Z - Tammy Carpenter and Mary Handzel (alternating weeks while Ms. Aronson is out on maternity leave -- firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- Gifted and Talented - Julio Ocana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you next week!
Changes in Everitt Staff
- Angela Cummins will join us on October 4th as an ELA teacher for Team 7 Gold and one Team 6 Gold class. We are excited for you all to meet her and are grateful to Ms. Ferraro, Ms. Maikranz, and Ms. Piane for teaching ELA until Ms. Cummins could join us!
- Sarah Burt joined us this week as a learning specialist working primarily with 7th graders. We are so happy to have her!
- We would also like to welcome Ms. Aronson's baby to the Everitt family! Ms. Aronson is out on leave. We are grateful for Mary Handzel and Tammy Carpenter who are alternating weeks to provide support to our students whose last names begin with L-Z.
We also wish the best of luck to our campus supervisor, Justin Martinez, who has decided to retire. This is Justin's 5th year at Everitt and 12th year serving in the district. He retires after working with kids for 25 years!
Shots for Tots and Teens
Café con la Directora
Milk Caps for Moola!
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
- School fee waivers
- Reduced admission fees to museums and other programs
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Utility assistance
- Transportation assistance
Qualifying for free and reduced lunch also helps our school to receive extra funds and resources!
Apply online at www.schoolcafe.com or reach out to us for a paper application.
GT Family Book Study Groups
Battle of the Books!
Clubs and Activities
Our clubs are off to a great start!
We will have a table at the top of the stairs at conferences on Tuesday for information about the clubs and sign up sheets to join. Students are always welcome to join a club already in session!
Here are the clubs and their meeting days:
Girls on the Run - Mondays 2:30-4:00
Junior Optimists Club - Mondays 2:30-3:30
After School Help for 8th Graders (run by all 8th grade core teachers) - Mondays 2:25-3:15
Jazz Band - Wednesdays 2:30-3:15
Theatre Guild - Thursdays 2:40-4:00
Climate Change Club
Dungeons and Dragons Club
Middle School Sports Program
Cross Country has already begun and the students are having a wonderful time running together!
Everitt Middle School
With foundations of equity and excellence, Everitt empowers and inspires our students as individuals, lifelong learners, and creative critical thinkers to engage in authentic learning and contribute meaningfully to their communities and their world.