A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of April 23, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- TTESS Appraisal Information DUE Sunday, April 22 **Sign up for your conference time!**
- District ELAR DBA (K-2) + Science DBA (Gr 3-4) ALL WEEK
- House Parties during Specials on Tuesday, April 24 in the gym
- GT Presentations on Wednesday, April 25 in Library (9-10 am, 1:30-2:30 pm)
- CNA Commitee Meetings (Faculty Meeting) on Wednesday, April 25
- Baylor Lunch Buddies (Gr 5) on Wednesday, April 25
- 5th Gr. Science Blitz on Friday, April 27
- Mayborn Museum Discover Box (Gr 2) on Friday, April 27 **Library Closed**
- PLCs with Judy York on Friday, April 27
Coming Up: Faculty Meeting Book Tasting Follow Up on Wednesday, May 2
TTESS Summative Information
SIGN UP FOR TTESS SUMMATIVE HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmhdws8vKb-5tnW2pMiuVvOZjPt81Ldqv6TVr1jJ6Yc/edit?usp=sharing
TTESS Time! Your TTESS Appraiser will be emailing you to schedule the conference. Here is what you need to be working on before then:
- Upload and document evidence towards the completion of your 2 goals in Eduphoria Strive
- Complete "Part II: Goal Reflection" AND "Professional Development Plan" in the "Goal Setting & Professional Development" form in Eduphoria Strive. As you think about goals for next year, plan to tie at least one goal to the Waco ISD Super 7 Expectations.
- Gather evidence to support your performance in Domain 4 of TTESS (Professional Demeanor & Ethics; Goal Setting; Professional Development; School Community Involvement) **See example that Ms. Mattoon put together for a good idea of what we are looking for.
- Print out your student achievement data to discuss (District scores, Rigby, Istation, Education Galaxy, Smarty Ants/Achieve3000, or other documentation)
- Schedule time for your End of Year Conference (Logan/Helton will email you)
Steps 1-4 are to be completed by Sunday, April 22. End of Year Conferences will begin immediately on April 23. Once the End of Year Conference is complete, your TTESS Appraiser will release your Summative Annual Appraisal on Eduphoria for you to sign (on paper and electronically).
**Please review the forms below as you prepare for your End of Year Conference.
From Your Captain
Remember to help us conserve energy. Lower and adjust your blinds to help filter out some of the heat (you don't have to close them all the way), and remember Last out, lights out! If you see the lights on and no one is home, please turn them off.
The 3 Cs'
Developing a capable student requires us to believe in the student. Students can smell our doubt about their ability. When you're struggling, just look back at how much progress your students have made so far and be amazed! I believe in you!
Here's a great blog about believing in your students: https://katielmartin.com/2017/04/22/why-believing-in-your-students-matters/
This aligns directly with the district's Super 7 standard of HIGH EXPECTATIONS.
Summer Professional Development
Some courses are on Eduphoria from Region 12. As an "Enhanced Co-op" most courses are free. If there is a cost, the PO# will be specified in the course details once you register. You will still need to register through Region 12 after you sign up in Eduphoria. If you're confused or have questions, just see Mrs. Helton or follow the directions in the file below.
Make sure that you are registering for courses that are aligned with your TTESS professional goals.