Weekly Newsletter for the Meadowdale High School Community
Friday, March 26, 2021
Message from Principal Shockley Regarding Return to In-Person Learning
No Office Hours - March 29th and 30th
Early Release Day - March 31
Student Digital Daily Health Check Attestations
On Monday, March 22, the district changed the digital daily health attestation requirements for students.
While families will continue to receive a personalized health attestation link for each of their students via email on a daily basis, families only need to fill them out on days their student will attend in-person learning or on-site activities.
2021 - 2022 Registration
Students and Families:
Course selection for next year was due on Friday, March 19. Counselors are trying to reach out to students who have not completed this process. However, soon, we will have no choice but to start creating student schedules for those who did not complete this process. All student schedule requests will be finalized no later than Friday, March 26.
1. If we do not have enough course requests for your student, we will add the core classes and electives
2. Your student will be held to these course requests because we rely on student request data to determine any classes that must be cancelled due to low interest, as well as how many sections of a course we offer.
3. All registration information and steps to complete this process are on our website.
We ask that all families check with their students to make sure they have completed the registration process this weekend.
Attention Spring Sports Athletes!
We look forward to the start of our season on Tuesday, March 30th . Make plans to be at your first day of try-outs/practice at the following locations and times:
- Baseball: MDHS Baseball Diamond 3:00-5:30 with Coach Bill Hummel (email@example.com)
- Boys’ Golf: Lynnwood Golf Course 2:30-5:00 with Coach Jeff Seals (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Boys’ Soccer: Meadowdale Playfields 3:00-5:00 with Coach Mike Nelson (email@example.com)
- Girls Golf: Lynnwood Golf Course 2:00-4:30 with Coach Mary Reitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Girls’ Tennis: MDHS Tennis Courts 3:00-6:00 with Coach Sandra McLaughlin (email@example.com)
- Softball: MDHS Softball Diamond 3:00-6:00 with Coach Dennis Hopkins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Track & Field: MDHS Track 3:30-6:00 with Coach Kolleen Seals (email@example.com)
We look forward to seeing you and starting another great season at Meadowdale. Go Mavs!
Last Call for Unmasked 2020 Call for Submissions
Young Executives of Color Program Information
Applications are open for the Young Executives of Color (YEOC) program for the 2021-2022 year. This University of Washington and Foster School of Business program is to cultivate the academic potential of underrepresented high school student leaders in WA through college prep, mentorship, networking, case competitions, and development of real life business skills. Those entering grades 10, 11, and 12 with a strong interest in business and community leadership should apply. 3.0 GPA and above is preferred, but not required for application.
Applications due May 31, 2021
Last Call to Order Cut-out "Fans in the Stands"
Watch Meadowdale Sports Online
Kick back, relax, and enjoy Meadowdale sports from the comfort of your home for free. If you come across a site that's asking you to pay, it is not legitimate.
Click here for information on streaming across Wesco. Make sure you're accessing the correct link based on who the home team is.
2020-21 Yearbooks on Sale Now for only $50
Did you buy a yearbook already? Verify your purchase:
The 2020/2021 book went on sale starting in January 2021. Log into the InTouch Payment System & select student. Under "Reports" select "Purchase History." A pop-up "Customer Ledger" will come up. Your most recent purchases will be at the top. Verify "20/21 Yearbook" purchase at $50. Yearbooks purchased at a different price point (e.g. $65) were previous years' books.
Meadowdale Choir Resilience Project
After School Tutoring & Homework Help
For students who are interested in after school tutoring or homework help, Peer Tutors are available (virtually) to provide academic assistance in all subject areas. Bilingual Peer Tutors are also available to assist in Spanish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese & Korean.
Peer tutoring is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 1:00 to 2:30pm; no sign-up is required! Drop-in and let us know how we can help!