Fourth Quarter Learning Choice
K-5 families fourth quarter learning choice forms
Hello again. On Friday, you should have received an email with a link to a choice form that will ask you to share your learning model preference for your student in April, May and June.
The available options are:
- a hybrid option
- or continuing Comprehensive Distance Learning
- The survey will also ask about student learning and support needs.
- There is one form per student.
Please respond to that email survey no later than February 22 so that PPS can plan staffing, bus routing and other logistics.
If you did not receive a form. Please contact the school office or your teacher so that we can send you the link to the form.
I realize that this is a complex decision for families. I have had requests from families for a little more information to help them with the decision.
- Only students (no parents or volunteers) will be allowed in the building during Hybrid.
- Face coverings are required for all students in K-12 and all staff entering PPS buildings.
- Students will remain in their classroom for the two hours and 15 minutes that they are in the building.
- Students will have individual materials to use at school
- Groups of students at Marysville would at max be 12 students in a room.
- Groups of students will not mix and there will not be a recess time.
- Bathroom breaks will be scheduled for each cohort.
- Everyone in the building will maintain the 6 feet distance at all times
- All learning spaces have been arranged for this distance, with desks and tables spaced to provide each person in the room 35 square feet of space.
- There are no plexiglass dividers in any of the rooms
- There will be daily visual symptom checks (not temperature checks) at the entrances
- Students and staff exhibiting symptoms will go to an isolation room for a more complete check by the school health assistant.
- Determination for cohort quarantine is based on review of 6 ft physical distancing.
- Custodians will clean high touch surfaces between cohorts and classroom desks and chairs will be cleaned between cohorts.
You can find out details about district hybrid health and safety planning by clicking here.
Please contact me if you have other specific questions.