MPHS - Important Things to Know!
For the 2021-2022 Start of School
Please take a moment to review important upcoming dates and information. If you have any questions, please let me know. I look forward to a fabulous year together!
See you soon!
Charles Forrest, Principal
Manassas Park High School
August 16 - Class Schedules will be viewable for all students in PowerSchool. If parents need assistance, please visit: https://mpark.powerschool.com/public
August 16 - 9th Grade Home Visits, 5:00-7:00 PM, staff will stop by the homes of 9th graders to welcome them to MPHS. Be on the lookout for our teachers!
August 17 - Open House, at MPHS from 4:00-7:00 PM, a great way for all MPHS students and families to tour the high school and meet teachers! Visit your classrooms and know what to expect on the first day of school!
August 18 - 9th & 10th Grade Orientation, at MPHS from 1:30-3:30 PM. 9th and 10th grade students will go through their schedules and spend 15 minutes in each class. Transportation will be provided. Stay tuned for more details.
August 23 - First Day of School! Classes begin at 7:25 AM. Dismissal at 2:15 PM.
- Applications are available in the Main Office.
- Applications accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Only complete applications with required documents and payment will be processed.
- Parking permits only issued to students with a valid VA driver’s license – this includes “blue” driving permit issued by driving schools. Copy of license or learner’s permit with blue form are required. Copies can be made in main office.
- Parking permits only issued to registered juniors and seniors. No permits issued to 9th or 10th grade students.
- Student parking spots are limited.
Please contact Alicia Sowers (email@example.com) in the Main Office for questions.
We are ready to return to our regular athletic calendar and seasons! Fall sports start August 2.
As a reminder, athletes must be academically eligible, complete the registration form (https://manassaspark-ar.rschooltoday.com/), and turn in a VHSL Physical. The link to physicals can be found on the athletic website (www.mparksports.com) under Athletic Forms.
Check with your coach for tryout details.
Early Senior Information
Will be held in the Commons from 2-9 pm. Lifetouch will mail appointment cards to students with dates and times as well as information on ordering picture packages.
Senior Graduation Order Day - October 20 and 21
Jostens will be available during all lunches for Seniors to order graduation supplies.
Senior Make-up Portraits - October 20 and 21
If Seniors missed the dates in August, make-up sessions will be offered from 2-9 pm in the HS Commons. Lifetouch will mail appointment cards.