since earth is no longer suitable we need a new place right?
The diameter of Kepler-10b is only about 1.4 times the diameter of Earth.
- The maximum temperature on Kepler 10b is around 1,400C (2,500F), which is hot enough to turn its surface into molten lava. Kepler-10, the star that hosts Kepler-10b, is located 560 light-years from our solar system in the Draco constellation. It was the first rocky planet to be detected outside our solar system.
KEPLER 10B STATISTICS
host star: kepler 10
discovery date: 11th January 2011
detection method: transit method
exoplanet type: super earth.
mass: 3 to 6 x earth
diamerer:1.4 x earth
did u know?
- Kepler 10b orbits a star very similar to our own sun but it is around 7 billion years older.
- The effect of solar wind is constantly stripping material from Kepler 10b, leaving a trail of debris as it orbits its star.
- Kepler 10b has a very high density, meaning it must have a huge amount of iron in its composition.
- The force of gravity is around twice as strong on Kepler 10b than it is on Earth.