News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Our field trip to INK is Monday, October 3rd. Please remember to have kids wear their blue FMES kindergarten shirt and bring their lunch in a disposable bag. Parents are welcome to join us at INK for the field trip, you can just meet the bus there! (Interactive Neighborhood for Kids: 999 Chestnut St, SE #11, Gainesville, GA 30501)
- Picture Day is TUESDAY at 9:15! Dress in your best and bring your smile! You will receive ordering information and a proof when they are delivered back to school.
- Thank you for coming to conferences this week! It was wonderful to speak to everyone about the kids' progress! Our next conference will be in February, but if you need me, I am just an e-mail away!
- Wishlist item... BAND-AIDS!!! We would LOVE some more boxes of band-aids to cover our many, many bumps and scrapes!
ABC Bootcamp Fashion Show!
Pattern Time & Respect the Mill Day!
Today we had our first Respect the Mill Day; it was all about kindness! We drew acts of kindness on paper squares to make a kindness quilt. We also talked about kind words during a wrinkled heart activity and how unkind words add wrinkles to people's hearts forever.
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Links to Try
- Sammy’s Shapes: http://www.primarygames.com/storybooks/sammy/start.htm
- Illuminations Shape Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3587
- Illuminations Patch Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3577
- Illuminations Tangram Puzzles: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=6626
- Cat in the Hat Great Shape Race: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/great-shape-race.html
- Sid the Science Kid Shadow Show: http://pbskids.org/sid/shadowshow.html
- ABCYa Tangrams: http://www.abcya.com/tangrams.htm
- Purpy’s Shapes: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/preschool/ngames/shapes.htm
- Shape Shoot: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/earlymath/shapes_shoot.htm
- IXL Shape Patterns: https://www.ixl.com/math/kindergarten/shape-patterns
- PBS Pattern Matcher: http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/math/games/preschool-kindergarten/pattern-matcher/
- “To” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990f6aebb8a
- “Can” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990ff464ce3
- “Like” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991046d9acc
- “Me” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991096d629d
- “We” Miss Molly Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoo0GNoHUic
- “Go” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/cp7i9Yv1TRs
- “My” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579911295ec8b
- “See” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991299f101f
- “Here” Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913071767c
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **