February 25, 2021
Reminder from SMS Administration
Dress Code Reminder:
As we begin to enter the spring/summer weather season, please help us make sure your student is dressed accordingly for school each day. It is our goal not to have to make parent contact during the school day for a change of clothes to be delivered to the school.
The dress code can be found below: Please pay special attention to things noted in bold.
The dress and grooming of students for school is expected to be in keeping with accepted community standards.
1. Shoes must be worn at all times
2. Athletic/walking shorts may be worn, but must meet the following standards:
· loose fitting, hemmed or cuffed, must be to the longest fingertip length or longer.
· no spandex shorts, cut-offs, boxer shorts, pajama pants/shorts, or combination thereof.
3. No tank tops, tube tops, halter type blouses, spaghetti straps or mesh shirts. All see-through blouses must have appropriate attire underneath. There is no three-finger width rule.
4. Shirts should overlap the waistband of skirts, shorts or pants.
5. No yoga or tight spandex pants unless worn with an appropriate top that reaches mid-thigh.
6. Dresses or skirts must be longest fingertip length or longer.
7. Items with provocative, violent, or drug/alcohol/tobacco related pictures or slogans are not permitted.
8. No hats, caps, bandanas (red or blue), wallet chains, or sunglasses may be worn in the building.
9. No sagging or holes in pants that are above the knee. All holes should be knee and below.
10. No gang paraphernalia is permitted.
11. No visible piercings (aside from the ears) are permitted.
12. All students are expected to meet community standards and school policies with regard to health, cleanliness, and appearance.
13. Hoodies may be worn to school, but students must remove the hood while on campus.
Parent and Student Cheer Interest Meeting is TODAY
Please join the Google Classroom using the class code: me3agvj.
The Google Meet link is on the class banner.
We hope to see you there!
Track Tryouts Next Week!
Track Try-Out Schedule:
8th Grade Girls & Boys
Tuesday, March 2nd AND Wednesday, March 3rd - 3:45-5:00 PM
7th Grade Girls & Boys
Thursday, March 4th AND Friday, March 5th - 3:45-5:00 PM
TRYOUT ATTIRE- Athletic Wear (No Sign-Up Number Required)
Regular Athletic shoes or Track shoes.
LOCKER ROOM will be available immediately after school for FACE-2-FACE students ONLY.
Students should bring all belongings to the Football field after school.
In the event of rain, tryouts will move to the Main Gym.
Please CLICK HERE or the image to the right to complete the Online Sign-Up.
All students MUST have a physical on file and all RankOne forms completed to tryout.
Physical forms and the RankOne link are posted to the Athletics Google Classroom.
Please contact the coaches if you have any questions.
7th and 8th Grade Band Members Participating in UIL:
Please pay special attention to the dates below.
Rehearsal #1 – Tuesday, March 2, 3:45 – 5:00 PM
Rehearsal #2 – Monday, March 15, 3:45 – 5:00 PM
Recording – Thursday, March 18, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM (estimated)
Wind Ensemble UIL
Rehearsal #1 – Thursday, March 4, 3:45 – 5:00 PM
Rehearsal #2 – Tuesday, March 16, 3:45 – 5:00 PM
Recording – Thursday, March 18, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (estimated)
North Texas Teen Book Festival
Do you have any SNOVID-21 pictures??
Get Your Photos into The Yearbook!
WE NEED PHOTOS OF:
- SNOW DAYS!
- Basketball (both girls and boys)
- Holidays and breaks
- School clubs/activities
- Band concerts or socials
- Orchestra concerts or socials
- Choir concerts or socials
- Theater practices and productions
Click the link below to go directly to our school's upload site!
Be sure to include student names and grade levels when uploading.
Yearbook Staff - email@example.com
WINTER STORM RELIEF
Plano Police Food Distribution
Saturday, Feb. 27th, 10am-12pm
1701 Alma Drive
FEMA is also giving away $800 in food vouchers and providing assistance for home repairs. Call 800-621-3362 or go to https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ to apply.
You'll need the following to complete your registration:
- Social Security Number (SSN) OR the SSN of a minor child in the household who is a U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National or Qualified Alien
- Annual Household Income
- Contact Information (phone number, mailing address, email address*, and damaged home address)
- Insurance Information (coverage, insurance company name, etc.)
- Bank Account Information (if you are eligible to receive financial assistance, the money can be deposited in your account)
Additional information to know:
Please be vigilant! Scammers and thieves are actively posing as FEMA and other assistance programs to steal your information and identity. Please share the following tips for screening whether the emergency assistance is creditable or not:
- Check to make sure the FEMA website you are accessing ends with .gov
- FEMA will NOT text you!
- Don’t trust anyone who offers financial help and then asks for money or personal information. Federal and local disaster workers do not solicit or accept money.
- Resist the pressure to act immediately. Scammers pressure you to provide information immediately, they want you to act before you have time to think.
- Know how scammers will ask you to pay. They often insist that you pay by sending money through a money transfer company or by putting money on a gift card and then giving them the number on the back.
- Stop and talk to someone you trust. Before you do anything else, tell someone - a friend, a family member, a neighbor - what happened. Talking about it could help you realize it’s a scam.
See this source for more information from FEMA.gov
Thanks to everyone who participated in Spring Picture Day!
Proofs should arrive at SMS in 2-4 weeks. Once students receive proofs with their unique portrait IDs, you will be able to order photo packages online through mylifetouch.com.
Fall school picture proofs and packages are still available from the front office during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM weekdays. No appointment needed!
6th Grade Registration
Our Counseling Department and 6th Grade Team Leader have put together a website with details regarding 6th grade registration.
There, you'll find:
Contact Info for our Counseling Department
A Message from our 6th Grade Team Leader
Music Department Demonstrations
An Invitation to our 6th Grade Parent Night
And much more!
Please use the link below or click the images above to get prepared for your student's transition to SMS.