Baltz Summer Updates
July 11th, 2022
Greetings Baltz Families!
We hope that your summer days are off to a great start. We are busy at school making plans for the coming school year and we wanted to let you know about a couple of exciting things.
- Ms. Personti is moving into the role of School Librarian and she is putting together some events for this summer. The first one is happening on 7/19 from 2-4. Register by this Friday if you and your family would like to come.
- Baltz is partnering with Christiana Care to create a School Based Health Center right on our campus.
- All students at Baltz will continue to receive free meals for the coming year under the Community Eligibility Provision. Thanks, Red Clay Nutrition!
Read the information below for more about each of these topics.
Amy O'Neill, Principal
View this newsletter in other languages.
Announcing an Exciting Partnership! Baltz School Based Health Center
We are excited to announce that Baltz (and Red Clay) will be partnering with Christiana Care to create a School Based Health Center in our building. You will be able to enroll your child by completing the consent form which is attached below. Online registration will soon be available, too.
Health Care will be provided at the School Based Health Care Center by a Physician's Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner and/or by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker/ or Licensed Counselor of Mental Health.
Services offered in the School Based Health Center include:
- Health Screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Counseling (Individual, Family and Group)
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention
- Health Education/Risk Reduction
Meals for Baltz Students this Year
Students at Baltz Elementary will continue to be eligible to receive breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE through a federally funded program, CEP (Community Eligibility Provision). While this program is different than the program that has been operating the past two years post COVID, there is no impact to you for the 2022-2023 school year. Families are NOT required to complete any applications or forms. Students enrolled at Baltz are automatically eligible to receive breakfast and lunch at no charge while at school. This is not the case at all Red Clay Schools. Please see the attached CEP Information sheet for more details about the program and a list of qualifying Red Clay Schools.