CRI - Canyon Ridge Parent News!
BE INSPIRED! BE the Change! 10/24/22
Costume Dance & Open Gym Games - Thurs Night! 5pm - 7pm
DRUG FREE Dress-Up Days ALL THIS WEEK!
THURSDAY - TROPICAL DAY
Sunny skies & drug free!
THURSDAY NIGHT 5pm-7pm Costume Dance & Gym Night!
$5 @ door
Drop off @ car-rider drive
FRIDAY - PJ DAY @ SCHOOL
Dreaming of a Drug-Free Future!
IT'S A FUN-FILLED WEEK & DRUG-FREE WEEK!
DRESS-UP DAYS every day! - week of 10/24
- MONDAY - TIE DYE AND NEON DAY - "Our Future is TOO BRIGHT for Drugs!”
- TUESDAY - SPORTS TEAM/JERSEY DAY - “Team Up Against Drugs!”
- WEDNESDAY - WESTERN DAY - “Give Drugs the BOOT!”
- THURSDAY - TROPICAL DAY - “ Sunny Skies and Drug Free”
- FRIDAY - PAJAMA DAY - “Dreaming of a DRUG FREE Future!”
TUES., OCT. 25 -
- BUS DRIVERS' APPRECIATION breakfast @ Canyon Ridge 9am - 10am - Thank you to parent volunteers, cafeteria ladies, Michelle Tobler (our librarian), counselors, administrative assistants, and our leadership students for making this happen and helping our bus drivers know they are appreciated!
- NATIVE AMERICAN FIELD TRIP - 9am - 2pm
THURS., OCT. 27 -
- CANYON RIDGE COSTUME DANCE & OPEN GYM NIGHT! 5 - 7pm
- DOORS OPEN @ 5pm!
- COST: $5 for each student at the door
- No students or children from other schools may attend
- RECESS GAMES IN GYM & DJ IN CAFETERIA
- CONCESSION IN HALLWAY BETWEEN (Pizza, candy, chips, pop, etc. $1 each)
- Pick up @ 7pm
FRIDAY, OCT. 28 -
- CRI BRONCO PRIDE NIGHT @ the MHS football game! - a group of students from all 3 intermediates can form the tunnel for the players to run through Friday night.
- Students must have a football ticket to enter the stadium gates & meet @ 6:30 @ north end under flag pole.
- See details below
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
NOVEMBER 1 - CAKE ROLLS & BUTTER BRAIDS ARRIVE!
- Plan for this pick up date between 4:00 & 6pm
- They are refrigerated items! Be sure to mark you calendars & don't miss this important pick-up date!
- Thank you! Thank you! For your support through this fundraiser!
- Hopefully, it will add a delicious treat to the upcoming holidays!
NOVEMBER 7 - EVENING VETERAN'S ASSEMBLY @ PAC
NOVEMBER 11 - VETERAN'S ASSEMBLY @ CRI @ 1pm in gym
NOVEMBER 8 - NEXT ORANGE LEAF DAY - $5 during recess
NOVEMBER 21 - 25th - THANKSGIVING BREAK ALL WEEK
NOVEMBER 28 - DEC. 2 FUN-FILLED 5-day LEARNING CAMP AFTER-SCHOOL @ CRI - details coming soon!
CRI COSTUME DANCE & OPEN GYM NIGHT!
HOW THE DANCE WORKS! DROP OFF & PICK UP!
- DROP OFF your child off using the car-rider line @ 5pm or after
- PICK UP TIME is 7pm
- Drop off & pick up using car-rider drive
- Kids enter doors between gym & band
- Only volunteers arrive @ 4:30pm and park and enter at different area
- Make sure your child has a little cash - $5 to get in & a few dollars for concession items (All items $1 each!) -
- Costumes or Casual Dress
- Costumes cannot have weapons
- Only CRI students may attend
- No students who attend other schools or siblings may attend
- Pick your child up from the car-rider line at 7pm (no car-rider tags will be used)
- We will call student names from the gym to come out to your car at the end of the evening
- If they are walkers who live across Sara Road, we will walk them across the street at the crosswalk at the end of the dance.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AS A VOLUNTEER:
- VOLUNTEER parents/guardians MEETING at 4:30 in the cafeteria.
- Volunteers park in the South parking lot and enter the cafeteria doors at 4:30.
- We will go over areas to supervise, rules and suggestions. We hope the evening is a lot of fun for you & your child & appreciate the help with supervision!
- Those who are able to stay and help with car-rider pick-up are greatly appreciated, too!
- Volunteers may dress in costume or in casual attire
- Volunteers are unable to bring siblings or additional children who do not attend CRI. We worry about safety & risk of children being bumped into and are unable to have them participate with the older students. Sorry!
- No children who do not attend Canyon Ridge
- We are so grateful for your help & love having you in the building! THANK YOU!
INTERMEDIATE BRONCO PRIDE NIGHT - @ FRIDAY NIGHT'S MHS FOOTBALL GAME!
- 6:30pm - Students meet inside the Bronco Stadium at the NORTH end under the flag poles @ 6:30!
- 6:40pm, the students will be led onto the field to make a tunnel for the football team to run through!
- Students must be supervised by their parents during the game
- Spectators may not bring footballs, play catch, or touch football within the stadium
- Immediately following the run onto the field before the game begins, parents may pick up their students at the gate to the south end zone to enjoy the game with their child.
- There will be adult CRI staff supervision prior to the game as we run onto the field with our students, but after the run, there will be no CRI supervision during the game.
- This is an evening for promoting school spirit and family fun!
- NOTE: Pride packs including a football ticket and t-shirt will be delivered next week (2 days prior to the game.) If your child did not purchase a pride pack, but would like to participate, please purchase them a ticket to enter the game, wear a school color, and meet us at N. end under flagpoles @ 6:30.
IMPORTANT! BUTTER BRAID PICK UP DAY is Nov. 1st!
Mark your calendars!
TUES., 11/1 - 4pm - 6pm
Pick up is extremely important since these are refrigerated items!
Thank you for raising money for our school! You are the BEST!
It's called W.I.N. TIME! "WHAT I NEED!"
NEW FLEX TIME to HELP YOUR CHILD!
We are so excited! Last Monday, we kicked off a NEW bell schedule that incorporates an additional 30 minutes class period (W.I.N. Time) in your child's day to help them with the following:
- Finish any homework they may have OR any assignment they did not finish in class!
- Work in a small group or 1 on 1 with a teacher if they need help
- Hear the lesson again if they are struggling with a concept
- Catch up if they have been absent
- Study & then redo an assignment or quiz to increase their learning and raise their grade
- Read a library book, work on Lexia, Prodigy Math, or Typing Club to build skills, fill academic gaps, increase vocabulary, & cont. academic growth if they are caught up
NOTES: We will make adjustments to improve WIN Time throughout the year! We are thankful to our teachers for their dedication in developing this initiative to try to help every child get the additional time, instruction, and what they need! We are so excited about the possibilities for your child & welcome your ideas & suggestions, too!
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR CHILD gain CONFIDENCE & SUCCESS?
POWERFUL WAYS TO HELP YOUR CHILD MAKE HUGE GAINS:
- MULTIPLICATION FACTS - PRACTICE while you are driving in the car OFTEN - even if you feel your child knows them! It keeps the facts fresh in their mind & makes fractions and learning higher math concepts much easier!
- PRACTICE TYPING - http://www.typingclub.com Class assignments are often typed. Plus, all state tests are taken online. Helping to ensure your child is comfortable with typing will greatly reduce his/her stress and help them SHOW WHAT THEY KNOW!
- READ with your child OR reward them for READING 2 nights a week! - Reading broadens their vocabulary SO much more than we often realize!
- LEXIA PRACTICE online 2 nights a week! - Lexia is an online reading program that fills gaps and teaches phonics, grammar, comprehension, and a multitude of skills that improve your child's reading & success in all subjects!
You'll be amazed at the growth your child can make!
UPCOMING BIRTHDAY? MAKE YOUR CHILD FAMOUS!
- Wish your child Happy Birthday by posting their name on the large electronic Marquee in front of CRI!
- Cost $20
- Pay in CRI front office
- Your child's name runs for approximately 2 weeks!
FREE - We wish all students HAPPY BIRTHDAY on our morning TV announcements & call them to the front office for a small birthday surprise.
REMINDER: Your Child's LUNCH is NOT free ...
Everyone should Fill out this Application to help our school, plus, you may qualify:
For the past 2 years, during the Pandemic, the Federal Government provided FREE lunches to every child. HOWEVER, THIS YEAR, LUNCHES ARE NOT PROVIDED FREE.
SCHOOL DAY - 1st bell @ 8:00am
- 7:35 am - Everyone should time arrival after 7:35 am
- 7:35 am - Car-rider gate opens
- 8:00 am - 1st bell
- IF NEED EARLY CHECK-OUT - Always by 2:45pm. We do not check out children between 2:45 - 3:05 pm to avoid confusion for students, end-of-day classroom business, & traffic problems. If you need to check your child out early for an appointment, be sure to pick them up before 2:45pm.
- 3:05 pm - school dismisses
- 3:05 pm - car-rider gate opens
NOTE: 7:50 am - There is hardly any traffic!
Canyon Clubs - will be Announced Throughout the Year!
- Running Club - open to all students; return permission slip 10/3 or 10/5
- Honor Choir - Tryouts concluding now
- Academic Team - Tryouts going on now
- Science/Robotics Competition Team Tryouts - signups have ended; news coming soon!
- Science/Robotics Club - will be open to all students in the spring
- Board Games Bonanza at lunch - (see photo) sign-ups coming soon & will pop-up periodically throughout the year!
- Archery - available to all students in PE classes
- Archery Competition Team - Tryouts open to all students and coming soon
- Food Bank - open to all students & families; will be in the Spring
- Other clubs and Service Opportunities - throughout the year! Watch TV announcements and newsletters!
- STUCO - Student Council Reps will be chosen in 5th grade Homeroom classes in late fall to participate in service opportunities, & then a large # of students may apply and sign up in the Spring for 6th grade Leadership Classes.
CANYON RIDGE CALENDAR:
CONTACT US! WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - email@example.com
- Linda Riggs - firstname.lastname@example.org