September 21, 2023
September 22nd, 2023
September 21, 2023
Presentation of Proposed Tax Rate
The unadjusted tax rate ceiling per totals approved by the State Auditor's office is $4.0957 in Fund 1
The District proposes an adjusted tax rate levy as follows:
- Fund 1 - Operating: $2.7957
- Fund 2 - Teachers: $0
- Fund 3 - Debt Service: $0
- Fund 4 - Capital Projects: $1.300
No one rises to speak about the proposal. It will be voted on later in the meeting.
New Teacher Introduction
Early Childhood Center
Good News, Recognitions & Announcements
- Jimmy Wacker - National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist
- Mrs. Jodi Bruns - Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award Winner
- High School - Speical Olympics National Unified Champion Banner School
- Ava Beers - FHS September Student of the Month
- Delaney Willis 1,000 career volleyball assists
- MS Boys 1st, MS Girls 2nd at Bowles Invitational Cross Country Meet
- Grandparents days underway at the Elementary
- 1st month going well at the new Early Childhood Center
The board unanimously passed the consent agenda. Items were:
- August meeting regular session minutes
- Bills payable for the month
- Financial Reports & Statement
- Ledger Subtotals
- Hall of Fame proclamation for Rita Lovelace - 30th member inducted into R-VI Hall of Fame
- First Reading of MSBA Policy updates 2023C - Policy overview AC, EF, BBBA, BBF
- Approve Safety Film Installation
- Approve Dance Team to compete at Nationals in Orlando, FL - March 7-12th
- Middle School Uniform Surplus
- Approve extension of lawn care agreement
Communications and/or Reports
More discussion about the Unified Champion Banner School designation for Festus High School. Everyone agrees its a good thing to have programs in place to make sure students of all abilities are being included and made to feel a part of the whole school experience.
The district is signed on with ASPEN. It started as a Jefferson County Health Department initiative. Districts across the area are using it. It is a mental health evaluation tool that counselors can use. There is also a 24 hour crisis hotline students call call after school hours.
Data disclosure self reported to DESE. 65 student MO SIS Id's and first names only were exposed to approximately 300 parents.
Flu clinics were held this week. 90 staff and 255 students got the flu shot. Thanks to Pharmax Pharmacy for partnering with us.
TAB meetings for faculty/staff are set. Oct 17 at HS & ES (including ECC) and Oct. 18 at MS & IS
Enrollment is up to 3482 this school year. That is up 169 from last year. However 100 of those are new students in the Early Childhood Center. So across the rest of the District, enrollment is up about 69 students.
There are still some families who have not yet provided proof of residency. Principals and SRO's are beginning to do residence checks.
Prior & New Business
Unanimously approved the District tax rate at $4.097 as spelled out during the public hearing at the beginning of the meeting.
Approved All In Construction to grade, install drainage, and sod the "Thrower's Area" at Tiger Stadium at a cost of $29,837.50
Approved the company Get the Lead Out to perform state required lead testing of all water outlets in the District at a cost of $11,715