Weekly PD Newsletter
William Paca Elementary School
Dates to Remember
- October 12, 2015 PK & K Hand Washing Sessions
- October 14, 2015 Monthly Parent Meeting
- October 14, 2015 Team Meeting with Gavin on Student Engagement
- October 15, 2015 IDPs completed
- October 15, 2015 Staff Development at William Paca Elementary
- October 15, 2015 Weekly Math sheets and Guided Reading Sheets due to Woodland and Gavin
- October 16, 2015 Statewide PD
Upcoming PD Opportunities
I see independent reading occurring in most classrooms. Please think through your procedures for this component in the literacy block so it is purposeful. CLICK HERE for procedural materials for independent reading including reading logs, reading strategy bookmarks, question bookmarks, cards for students to use in case they have a question so they don't interrupt your conference or small group.
Comprehension of informational text is one of our school-wide goals this year. CLICK HERE to get a template for a Reading and Analyzing Nonfiction Chart (R.A.N. Chart) that you can paste in file folders and use throughout your unit with students. Photos of the an example chart are shown below.
ClassRoom R.A.N. Chart
The chart also includes text annotation symbols for students.
File Folder Cover
Students decorate the front cover with specific information reflecting the research and labeling as necessary.
Inside of File Folder
Glue or staple RAN chart pages
- Weekly pacing calendars are due every Friday.
- Monthly vocabulary words should be apart of automaticity.
- Math PD Reflex Math will be held on October 15, 2015 from 8:00am until 9:00 am.
- Math interims for grades 1 & 2 will occur from November 2, 2015 until November 5, 2015.