Volume 2, Issue 5
English Department Showcase
Mr. Comarella's Hispanic Heritage Month Activities
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Mr. Comarella's students researched Latino heroes and created flags that have been hung around the class.
Mr. Comarella's classroom door features a famous quote from Chicano activist, Cesar Chavez, in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month.
While Mr. Comarella's class read Julio Cortazar's "House Taken Over" students drew blueprints of the haunted mansion using evidence from the text.
Fieldtrip - Downtown Public Library
SIOP Teacher Leadership Academy
Career and College Fest
OTHER SCHOOL NEWS
College Application Day
Congrats to all the students!
MSD Warren Township Strategic Planning
This fall, MSD of Warren Township will be creating a comprehensive strategic plan based on community input that will ensure all students and staff have the conditions necessary to develop and apply Journey of a Graduate (JoG) skills and dispositions. The Journey of a Graduate skills are a set of 6 skills and dispositions that have been identified by our community needed for success in and out of school. The JoG skills are Critical Thinking, Citizenship, Communication, Collaboration, Content Knowledge, and Resilience. These JoG skills will serve as the foundation of the district strategic plan.
One way the district will capture community input is through an online survey. CLICK HERE to complete a short survey that will ask questions around our strengths as a district and help us identify areas for improvement.
Town Hall Meetings will also be scheduled for our teachers, students, parents and community to collaborate in person. Elementary school Town Hall Meetings will be hosted by their feeder intermediate and middle school. Those meeting dates are below:
- Monday, October 21st, 6:00 - 7:30 at Raymond Park Intermediate and Middle School
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 6:00 - 7:30 at Creston Intermediate and Middle School (GC, LA, EA)
- Monday, October 28th, 6:00 - 7:30 at Creston Intermediate and Middle School
- Tuesday, October 29th, 6:00 - 7:30 at Stonybrook Intermediate and Middle School
- Wednesday, October 30th, 6:00 - 7:30 at Stonybrook Intermediate and Middle School (PR, SH, BV)
- Monday, November 18th, 6:00 - 7:30 at Warren Central High School (WCC)
- Tuesday, November 19th, 6:00 - 7:30 at Raymond Park Intermediate and Middle School (LP, LO, HA)
Thank you in advance for your participation and thank you for your continued support of MSD Warren Township Schools.
Dr. Tim Hanson
Superintendent of Schools