December 9, 2015
Tying it Up!
Our class has finished our first PBL Project for the 2015-2016 school year. We were able to answers our Driving Question: "How can we, as first graders, help our community become shoe tying experts?" We worked on learning to tie and writing the steps for shoe tying in small groups. Each group made a book using iBookCreator. All the books were collected and published in a single volume in iBooks. Tying it Up: Nine Books to Teach YOU How to Tie! is available as a free download: http:/ tinyurl.com/tiec105
Mark Your Calendar
- December 11 Canned Food Drive Ends: Our class goal is 100 cans!
- December 11 PTA Winter Wonderland
- December 17 NOT a Minimum Day
- December 18 Minimum Day
- December 18 Spirit Day: Crazy Hair Day! Wear your hair crazy/Clark Clothes!
- December 19-January 3 Winter Vacation
- January 4 School Resumes, 8:45AM
- January 18 No School, Martin Luther King Jr Day
- January 22 Mix it Up Day!
- January 23 Khanh's Birthday!
- January 24 Michael's Birthday!
- January 27 Braydon's Birthday!
- January 28 PTA Science Night
- January 31 Aiden's Birthday!
Hour of Code, Success!
Thanks to all the parents that came out to help us with Hour of Code, it was REALLY nice to have a few extra sets of hands! The students had a great time and are eager to do more coding activities. Here are a few pictures of our class event.