Open for Business: Monday, August 22nd to Friday, May 5th
Students read the Sunshine State books and prepare for Battle of the Books.
SSYRA Book Selection Committee Member
Students learn about circuitry by using snap circuits.
- Teachers may send up to three students at a time with a pass. Wait for students to return before sending the next group.
- Entire classes may visit the innovation center to check out books, do research on the computers, or use the makerspace area, but a time must be scheduled by the teacher in advance. *All students will need to return to classrooms by 3:50 each day.
- Students may check out books, read quietly, use the computer for school assignments, and tinker in the makerspace. Students who are disruptive or not productive will return to class.
- Books may be returned to the book drop in the innovation center or the book drop in the cafeteria. *Teachers, return your materials directly to Ms. Ratliff.
- Overdue notices are printed once a month and put in teacher mailboxes. Please pass out notices in a timely manner during homeroom.
- Remind students to enter the innovation center only from the front entrance, and it's not to be used as a shortcut by students. Students are not allowed in the innovation center without Ms. Ratliff or a teacher present.
- Teachers should stay with classes at all times and encourage students to take care of the innovation center. *Food and drink is not allowed.
- Self-service area with computers, laminator, poster printer, B&W printer, copier, paper cutter, die cutter with alphabet, number, and shape dies. *Please inform Ms. Ratliff if equipment needs maintenance.
- Maximum 20-book check out, classroom sets of books, DVDs, & professional development materials; classroom projector, document camera, TV, DVD player, speakers, & carts. *Email or call me if you need books or equipment.
- Innovation Center will be locked when Ms. Ratliff is not in there except for before school. *Check your email for notices about closures.
- 3-book maximum checkout limit for three weeks with one renewal per book.
- No fines are assessed unless books are lost or damaged.
- Check out privileges may be lost if fines are not paid or if books are overdue.
- Computer access and access to black & white printer for school assignments only.
- Weekly Minecraft club meetings on Friday during research (Starts in September).
- READ sessions where classes may sign up to read to a trained therapy dog (Starts in October).
- Scholastic Book Fair in November
- Sunshine State Young Readers Award (SSYRA) book club for each grade will meet weekly during research (Starts in December).
- County-wide Battle of the Books competition for Sunshine State book trivia in May. *Teachers, if you are interested in helping with this event, let Ms. Ratliff know.
- More eBooks will be purchased this year, which students will be able to access on their Chromebook or on personal eReaders.