Liberty Academy Newsletter
January 23, 2019
Missouri A+ Program
FREE scholarship money for college or technical education post-high school
How does a student qualify?
* Attend an A+ designated school for 3 years prior to graduation
* Graduate with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
* Have an overall attendance rate of 95% for 4 years (that’s grades 9-12!)
* Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of drugs/alcohol
* Earn a score of “proficient” or “advanced” on the Algebra I end-of-course exam
* Perform 50 hours of in-district tutoring (sounds like a lot--but it’s not!)
Step 1: Complete an application!
Considering NCAPS for your junior or senior year?
Northland Center for Advanced Professional Studies (Northland CAPS) provides high school students in the Northland with a professional, innovative and entrepreneurial education through full immersion in high demand/high skill careers.
Northland CAPS students solve real world problems, using business standard software, equipment and are mentored by real employers. Students gain experience working with real businesses, assisting and learning through meaningful projects. Early career professional skills like project management, creativity, business ethics, teamwork and time management are instructed, role modeled and measured.
Learning at Northland CAPS is real-time, real-world and hands-on. Emphasis is placed on developing professional skills, such as communication and collaboration, which employers deem highly important to individual success.
Check out upcoming NCAPS open house dates/ times by clicking HERE
LHS Courtwarming Information!
LHS Courtwarming is around the corner! The basketball game is on Friday, Feb. 1st.
The dance will be on Saturday, Feb. 2nd at 8:30 pm in Cokely Fieldhouse.
Attire is semi-formal (the same as Homecoming).
- If you are planning on bringing a date from OUTSIDE OF THE LIBERTY SCHOOL DISTRICT THIS FORM must be completed and given to Mrs. Streu by Thursday, January 24th at the end of school.
- You will be able to purchase tickets at the door, but if you are bringing an out-of-school guest they HAVE to be pre-registered. It is also MANDATORY that you bring your school ID with you if you buy tickets at the door. Both rules are for security purposes.
Are you graduating in May? Do you need extra tickets?
- Every Liberty High School graduate will receive seven (7) tickets. If a graduate would like to request up to three (3) additional tickets, please fill out the Request Extra Tickets form no later than March 11, 2019.
Want a Liberty High School yearbook? Orders due SOON..
Reading Boosters: A great way to get some A+ volunteer hours
Teens: The Mid-Continent Public Library (Liberty Branch) needs your help! Reading Boosters volunteers can earn service or A+ hours through one-on-one reading sessions with kindergarten through 3rd graders.
If you're interested in volunteering, you must attend our mandatory training session on:
Thursday, January 24th
Tuesday, January 29th
You must fill out an application to volunteer. Volunteers over 18 will go through a mandatory background check.
Community Scholarship: Due Date is February 1st at 3pm!
Deadline for all scholarship materials to be emailed to the contributing organizations is February 1st at 4pm. Contact Mrs. Streu (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the process!
COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP HELP SESSIONS! Come by Mrs. Streu's office on Thursday, January 17th from 1-2pm or Tuesday, January 22nd from 2-3pm to get help you may need on this scholarship application. Be ready to WORK! ***EVEN STUDENTS WHO GRADUATED IN DECEMBER ARE INVITED TO JOIN EITHER OF THESE SESSIONS.***
Need help with dental work?
Miles of Smiles dental clinic will be at Liberty North High School starting February 6th, 2019. The dental clinic provides free dental care and treatment to qualifying students.
The requirements are established to serve many, so please click on the following link to sign up online.
If you have any problems with the sign up or questions about the clinic, please call 816-413-9009.