Summer Chinese Language Camp
Chinese Language Center, Soochow University, Taipei, Taiwan
Where Living and Learning Take Place
Probably the Best Chinese Language Camp in Town
Explore a hilly mining town and light up sky lanterns with wishes at Jiǔ Fèn & Shí Fēn
Experience a safe water rafting down a beautiful Japanese style river
Tour a cake museum and make your first pineapple cake
Visit Palace museum, a must-see culture spot in Taipei
Be a scallion farmer and make a cake with it
Learn & have fun in classes
Duration: 9th to 30th of August 2020
Stay in a lush green place. From your dorm room, just walk down the staircase and start a meaningful day. No need to commute. Plenty of time to rest, learn, and enjoy the time with friends.
Lighting up sky lantern wishes at hilly train rails
Cool off in summer days
Rafting down a beautiful river in Yilan.
Making pineapple cakes and share with friends/family
Be a Scallion Farmer
Get fresh scallion to make a tasty cake
Stir Tea Leaves
Learn how to make Taiwanese tea
Make Tea Dying Cloths
Get your piece in culture classes
One fee for all:
- Airport shuttle service.
- Weekday breakfast and lunch but no weekends and holidays.
- Language classes and culture classes.
- One all day excursion each week.
- Quad room accommodation. Upgrading to twin room is another TWD6,000.
- Accidental insurance, TWD100,000 for accidental medical bill coverage and 1 million for casualty.
How it works
- Duration: 3 weeks.
- Limitations: Above the age of 16.
- Targets: Starting beginners/ people with little knowledge of Chinese.
- Registration Deadline: 7th of July 2020. Must confirm with flight info before July 15, 2020.
- Disclaimer: No make-up classes if government announces a no-class typhoon land alert.
- Payment: Wire the fee in advance or pay in TWD cash after arrival.
- Discount policy: MOU school students get a 10% off discount. A student ID is needed at check in but no need for MOU group students. Repeated students also get a 10% off.
- If the number of students reach 20, the program content remains the same. However, if only 14 students, we would cancel the program.
- If between 15 and 19, the weekly one day excursion destinations to other prefectures will be changed to places in Taipei city. In other words, the weekly excursions in first two weeks.
- Depending on Taiwan government's guideline, If the border is open to foreign visitors before July 7th, the application deadline, but visitors must stay quarantine for 14 days, we would cancel the 3-week program. If no need for the quarantine, the program will go on as scheduled.