Pennsbury School Health Newsletter
Dear Parents & Guardians
We hope our Pennsbury School Community is feeling well and staying safe while we all adjust during these trying times. As we transition from a school to summer mindset, we wanted to provide a few important reminders about school health needs. In this newsletter we will discuss several important topics:
- School health requirements for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Summer recreation safety.
- Information on how to order locally grown, fresh farm-to-table foods.
School Health Requirements
Important Vaccine Information
- On the first day of school, all kindergarten and students entering the Pennsbury School District for the first time must have had at least one dose of each of the required vaccinations or they will be at risk for exclusion from entry into school.
- Students entering 7th grade must have one dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) and tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) prior to the first day of school.
- Students entering 12th grade must have had the second dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) prior to the first day of school.
- A documented plan must be in place within the first 5 days of school to obtain the required vaccinations to avoid exclusion.
*Updated immunization requirements should be sent directly to your child's school nurse prior to the first day of school. Failure to comply with these vaccine requirements will place your student at risk for exclusion from school. However, during these unprecedented times we may have the ability to extend this deadline. Please call your school nurse to discuss your options.*
Please ensure an updated copy of vaccines is attached to your physical exam so we can update your child's health record.
Click here to download the necessary forms to bring to your primary doctor: Nursing Services Forms
Click here to download the necessary form to bring to your primary doctor: Nursing Services Forms
Chronic Medical Conditions Update
Here are several Action Plans and Supply Checklists that you can download and print to bring to your specialist:
If medications need to be kept in school for the 2020-2021 school year, please consider the guidelines listed below:
All medication must be sent to the Nurse's Office in the original prescription container.
All controlled substances must be delivered to the Nurse by a parent/guardian or adult designee.
A Physician’s order is required for ANY medication other than those listed on the Emergency card. This applies to both prescription and over-the-counter medications.
A parent permission form must be completed for each medication.
Please submit the Permission to Administer Medication form when sending in medications or if the medication was left at school for the summer due to COVID-19. You can find the form here: Permission to Administer Medication
Kids Corner: Let's Have Some Safe Summer Fun!
Sun Safety For our Middle and High School Kids!
Pennsbury Certified School Nursing Staff Directory
Pennsbury Elementary Nurses
Afton Elementary School
Edgewood Elementary School
Eleanor Roosevelt School & Fallsington Elementary School
Makefield Elementary School
Manor Elementary School & Penn Valley Elementary School
Oxford Valley Elementary School
Quarry Hill Elementary School
Walt Disney Elementary School