COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS
Third Quarter, 2017/18
New Schedule Change Policy
ACT Workshop at MSU!
On Friday, March 23rd, there will be a Chad Cargill ACT workshop at MSU. Students will receive relevant, practical information on how to increase their ACT score. Chad will explain that the ACT is beatable and that each test will ask the same questions just worded differently. The workshop covers what will be on the test and how to master the techniques. The workshop is not a practice test. It covers general ideas about the ACT as a whole as well as individual sections of English (including what the test-makers are looking for and the relevant English rules needed for the test), Math (including exactly what formulas and rules you will need to answer virtually every question), Reading (including three strategies on how to best take the reading comprehension section), and Science (including common question types and strategies to understand and beat the science reasoning section).
COST: $30 per student. Students need to pick up a permission form in the counseling center and spots are limited. If writing a check, make it payable to Willard High School. Deadline to turn in permission form and pay for the workshop is Tuesday, March 13th.
Spotlight on Willard High School College and Career Fair!
- March 9: Third Quarter Ends/Deadline to sign up for the April 14th ACT
- March 12-13: School in Session/Snow Make Up Days
- March 14-16: Spring Break
- March 23: ACT Workshop at MSU
- March 27: Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00-7:30 pm
- April 14: ACT National Test
- April 19: College and Career Fair
- April 23-27: State EOC Testing
- May 5: Prom
- May 8: Senior Scholarship Night
- May 14-15: Senior Finals
- May 19: Graduation
- May 22-24: Finals
- May 24: Last Day of School
- June 4-29: Summer School