Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for May 1, 2015
Outstanding News - Vista Oaks Granted Full Accreditation by WASC
What does this mean?
- Vista Oaks can state and advertise that we are "fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges."
- Vista Oaks can use the WASC stamp/embosser on our transcripts and diplomas.
- Vista Oaks can begin the process of submitting courses to the UC Office of the President for a-g approval.
- Vista Oaks can offer PSAT and other college readiness practice exams.
Is this a big deal?
Yes! For first year charter schools not associated with a larger organization, it is unusual for them to earn "Initial Accreditation" during their first year. Generally, charter schools earn "Candidate Status," which allows some of the benefits and recognition, but not all.
We are thrilled! Thank you to each of the students, parents and staff that helped support us!
Important Upcoming Dates
Physical Fitness Testing
- Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00: More information below.
- Friday, May 8 - See your teacher for more information.
- Tuesday, May 26 at 4:30: Theatre at Excelsior Middle School
- Tuesday, May 26 at 6:30: Theatre at Excelsior Middle School
California State Assessments - Thank You for Your Support!
To Vista Oaks Parents and Students,
Thank you for all your support and patience as we administered the new California State Assessment over the last few weeks. Your participation is greatly appreciated and critical for our success. We learned a tremendous amount from administering the test and will make improvements for next year.
Physical Fitness Testing - Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00
When? Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00
Why? To help students develop life-long habits of regular exercise
What Else? Coach Michael (Thursday Enrichment Classes) and several of our teachers will be at the Byron site on May 7 to guide students through California's Fitness Assessment. Activities students participate in check for aerobic capacity, endurance, flexibility and strength.
WHAT IS THE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST? Click here to learn more about this state test.
May Madness! Join Us for Fun in May
Mark your calendars and please join us for some fun during the month of May.
Thursday, May 14: Tie Dye War and Art Show
- 4:00 - 5:00: Tie Dye "War" - RSVP Required - Bring a light colored t-shirt, shorts and goggles for a fun time at a "Tie Dye War." Then, bring a picnic dinner and enjoy getting to know other families. Please bring a dessert to share. RSVP by May 11 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (So that we can have enough supplies ready, RSVP to this event is a must. Thanks!)
- 5:30 - 7:00: Student Art Show - Enjoy browsing through the classrooms to see some of the incredible art our students of all ages (TK - 12th) have worked on throughout the school year.
Tuesday, May 19th: Scavenger Hunt and Game Day
- 1:00 - 3:00: Come join us for a scavenger hunt…and your children might just learn something, too! There will also be different games, stations and activities set up around the blacktop that students can choose to participate in. A popcorn machine and snow cone machine will be on hand for parents and kids to enjoy, too! Please RSVP to email@example.com by May 15.
Have you completed the Parent Input Survey?
Reminder: Drop Off and Pick Up Spot
- If you are dropping off or picking up a student, please continue to use the loading zone directly in front of the district office. (See map below.)
- Feeling confused or unsure of where to go? Please look for a Vista Oaks staff member. We will be there to help!