Calling All Professionals!
Katie Gray Conner's Joining PLNs
Join the best online community: LinkedIn
Are you up for some play? Join Kindergarten-Teachers.ning.com
Below is a picture of the Elkon box books that I made for my students to use during guided reading, that I saw on Kindergarten Teachers!
Short Term and Long Term Goals:
- to join several online communities that benefit my professional and personal life
- be an active member by receiving and providing information to the members of the communities
- to have a classroom blog for me and my students to blog once a week about what we are learning and doing in our centers. I will provide pictures of my students working and their learning activities.
Some of my Top Dreams!
These PLNs are Guaranteed to be Relaxing and Fun!
Personal Connections to Both:
- The Junior League
- Kindergarten Teacher
- enjoyment of reading
- enjoyment of writing
- keeping up with friends
- creative ideas
- allowing me to be crafty, which I LOVE!
- providing me great activities to do with children at Levine's Children Hospital
- staying informed with professional options
- staying informed with church and community events
Other Social Networks I am Interested in:
Blogs, Blogs, Everywhere!!
Below are some blog sites that I enjoy!
The second one is blogspot. Blogspot is a free blogging site that my family has used to stay in touch. I come from a VERY large family that lives all over the United States. Nelli Family Antics is a blog site that all of us communicate back and forth with. Each family updates each other about what is going on and uploads pictures about when we get together and have events! We also have a website called nelli.net.
The third one is one I think would be really cool to use in the classroom! It is a free blog site as well that can be used by students. I have not used it in my classroom yet but hope to incorporate it soon. It has a lot of neat features and is a great way to communicate with children and for them to collaborate with each other. It is SUPER kid friendly!
Blue A., Guericke, K., Hoffman, R. LinkedIn. May 2003. https://www.linkedin.com/
Google Images. (n.d.). Google. Retrieved March 6, 2014, from http://www.google.com/imghp
Kidblog Inc. Kidblog. 2012. http://kidblog.org/home/
LinkedIn (2010, April 5). What is linkedin? Retrieved March 5, 2014 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlUwwgOfKw
Murphy, P. Kindergarten teachers. 2010. http://kindergarten-teachers.ning.com/
NelliFamily. Nelli family antics. 2008. http://nellifamily.blogspot.com/
Sitereference (2008, August 26). LinkedIn for dummies. Retrieved March 5, 2014 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV_7yAPnkFw