FBMS Weekly Newsletter 4/1/21
#crossingfinishlines...no matter the distance #FBMSproud
New Schedule Starting April 5th
Our students will continue to go directly to their first period class upon arrival to school as our day will begin at 7:50AM and will end at day 1:20pm. Attendance is mandatory and students must be in class at 7:50AM to be considered on time. Now that we will be full in person, there will be no more zooming into class. For students who are absent, all assignments will still be posted on CANVAS.
All students will have a scheduled snack break during B or C block. A snack will be provided, however a student may bring his or her own peanut-free snack if desired. Students will have enough time to eat a sandwich, drink, and snack if that is what they prefer to bring.
Since most of our bubblers/water fountains have been turned off due to COVID, we ask that students bring in their own metal or plastic water bottle to refill here. We have a special fountain that is used to just fill bottles, and we keep that one running. It's important, especially if students have PE, that they have a water. Our standard bubblers, wherein a person leans in and drinks right from a water spray/fountain, have been turned off this year to stop the spread of the virus.
All students will have scheduled masks breaks throughout the school day.
Dismissal will be at 1:20PM.
Students who are fully remote will remain fully remote unless they have made a special request through the guidance department to return.
Students must have already registered through our front office for a bus seat assignment. Spacing is quite limited.
We are excited to have everyone in the building once again!
Student Drop Off and Pick Up
The other major change is a 6th grade parent pick up process. We are asking all parent/guardians of only 6th grade students and car pools of only 6th grade students to pick up in the FBMS gymnasium parking lot.
Please watch the slide show below-- it should answer many of your questions. Thank you and have a great weekend.
Quarter 4 Begins!
We are ready to fill these seats!
Mrs. Clifford's Grade 7 Greek Gods
UPCOMING SEPAC MEETING- EXECUTIVE FUNCTION
MPSD Special Education Parent Advisory Council presents
Executive Function 101: Academic Skills and Strategies for Success During COVID
When: Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 7:00pm
Where: Click on the link below to register
Presenter: Engaging Minds (an after-school learning center that specializes in strengthening these critical skills)
“Executive Function 101: Academic Skills and Strategies for Success During COVID” presentation will teach parents actionable tips and strategies that they can implement immediately, such as:
- Tips to help your child better manage classwork and homework
- Planning and time management strategies for both short-term and long-term assignments and for life!
- Strategies to help your child get “unstuck” when he/she has trouble initiating tasks
- Organizational strategies to help your child keep track of his/her papers, assignments, and belongings
- If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish everyone a Happy Easter and a Happy Passover this Weekend. Enjoy family and friends.
FROM THE CLINIC
Greetings From the Furnace Brook Middle Clinic
School Health Office: phone 781-319-3965 School Fax:781-319-1780
PLEASE FORWARD A CURRENT PHYSICAL to us dated after JULY 2019
Students in Grade 7 are required to submit an updated physical with proof of immunizations for their health record at the beginning of the school year.
1 Dose TDAP due between age 11 and 12
1 dose MenACWY(formerly MCV4) due
ANNUAL SCREENINGS: Will not be conducted this year due to the COVID Pandemic.
Please feel free to contact us any time with concerns or questions. Stay Well!
LATEST TRAVEL ADVISORY DETAILS
As of Monday, March 22, all visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival. Travelers in the following categories are exempt from this quarantine advisory:
- Travelers who have received a negative COVID-19 result on a test administered not more than 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts. Travelers may also test out of the quarantine advisory after arrival in Massachusetts, as long as they quarantine until receiving a negative test result.
- Anyone who is entering Massachusetts for fewer than 24 hours
- Anyone who is returning to Massachusetts after being out of the State for fewer than 24 hours
- Workers who enter Massachusetts to perform critical infrastructure functions (as specified by the Federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) during required commuting to or from work and while at work.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. who have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines OR who have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, 14 days or more ago) and who do not have symptoms.
All travelers are encouraged to consult and follow the CDC’s guidelines and requirements for travel.
Last weekend to Register/Run/Walk
Registration is now open!
Register for the 11th Annual Marshfield St. Patrick’s Day 5k. The semi-virtual event will kick-off on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th, and run through Sunday, April 4th. Click on the link to register today!
Dates: NOW thru Sunday, April 4, 2021
Registration Fee: Adults $20; Ages 19 & under $10
- Register before 11:59 PM on March 16th and receive a FREE Marshfield 5k winter hat. Additional hats will be available for purchase.
- All registered participants will receive a virtual race bag to support local Marshfield businesses. Details to follow.
- Show your Marshfield St. Patrick’s Day pride and come run/walk the traditional 5k course in Brant Rock on your own time. Please remember to adhere to all social distancing guidelines.
- OR, Run/Walk in a location of your choice.
STEM Opportunity for Girls
1. Follow these steps at our district website
2. Click on "HELP' in Canvas (see left bar when in Canvas; HELP is last button)
It's important to be sure students are on their school issued Chromebook and have signed into CANVAS with their credentials. Zoom should be accessed using links provided by teachers. Once a session ends, students should close out of that session so that they are able to get into another session. Muliple sessions cannot be open.