An Astronauts Adventure
A Look into the Life of an Astronaut
An Intergalactic Exploration of Intergalactic Proportions
This week we want to take our students on a journey into the amazing wonders of space through the eyes of an astronaut as we ask the question: What else is out there? Activities for this week will include exercises to practice research and boost scientific knowledge by looking into what the planets are like and how astronauts might get to those areas. We also look forward to stimulating creativity within the students through activities such as creating your own alien species, building your own spaceship, and even launching that spaceship! This week is going to be one of adventure, creativity, and teamwork and we can't wait to share it with your kids.
Come and Take Off with Us!
This is a light-bulb activity lab used to stimulate learning in your students. This event will be held Monday - Friday next week from 8:30 to 9:30 in the Barrow Elementary Media Center. We hope to see you there!
Bell Ringer Activities: Word search, online games, drawing a unique alien species, designing a space ship, finishing up a homemade space rocket.
- Monday: Get into groups, pick a planet, and begin researching that planet
- Tuesday: Using the iPad app, begin a movie trailer advertising that planet
- Wednesday: Finish the movie trailer and present to the class
- Thursday: Build and decorate coke bottle spaceships
- Friday: Each group will launch their space shuttles