Principal Allen's Weekly Newsletter
October 7 , 2019
Dear Spicewood Elementary Parents & Community Members,
October is on of my favorite months of the school year! Why? Because students are given the opportunity to share their learning with their parents in a student led conference! If you haven't already, please be sure to schedule a time with your child's classroom teacher.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Spicewood Elementary Principal
Ordering Student Photos Online
Parent's get ready! Photo Texas will be on campus on October 9th for individual student fall photos! For your convenience, you can order your photos online:
- Go to http://orders.phototexasphotography.com
- Use the online order code 1920-0292
Eating Lunch With Your Student
If you plan to have lunch with your student, please remember the following:
- All visitors must sign in in the front office.
- Visitors may only eat with their student. IF you want to invite your student's friend to have lunch with you, the student must have a written note from his/her parent that gives them permission to eat with you. This is to protect all students. Please be respectful towards our Cafeteria Monitors when they reinforce this expectation.
- Parents may not sit at cafeteria tables with students- there is simply not enough room. You are welcome to enjoy lunch in the Atrium, picnic tables in the front and behind the school or at the tables in the main hallway.
Announcements from the Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Merchant Rebates Submission
Attention Parents: It's submission time for the first Merchant Rebates contest of the year at Spicewood! The contest deadline is Friday, 10/11 so start sending in your labels and codes in now to your child's teacher! We collect Box Tops, Community Coffee labels, Tyson labels, and Coca Cola caps and cardboard tabs.
Prizes will be awarded to the top submission in each grade plus a Class Wish List item will be purchased for Top K - 2nd and 3rd - 5th grade classes! Let's do this!
Spicewood Auction Baskets
The Spicewood Auction is Friday, Nov. 8th at 6pm (stay tuned for ticket information). This is a fun parent night in the name of fundraising! A creative way to volunteer for the Gala is helping to make themed toy baskets for the silent auction. Click the link below to help!
The REFLECTIONS program entries can be turned into the school's Front Office between October 1, 2019 and October 25, 2019.
Reflections - Sharon Guv at Sharon.Gu9407@gmail.com
Upcoming Campus Events & Dates
Wednesday, October 9
Monday, October 14
Holiday - No School
Tuesday, October 15
No School - Parent Student Conferences
Monday, October 21
8:00AM - 8:30AM Principal's Pride Ceremony (Grade K-2)
Wednesday, October 23
8:00AM- 8:30AM Principal Pride Ceremony (Grade 3-5)
Thursday, October 24
7:45AM- 8:15AM General PTA Meeting
Thursday, November 7
6:00PM -7:00 PM Parent Meeting on Referral Process for TAG
Friday, November 8
6:00PM PTA Gala Night & Auction
Location: Balcones Country Club
Monday, November 11
6:00PM - 7:00PM 5th Grade Veteran's Day Performance
Friday, November 22
Pies for Teacher
Monday, November 25 - Friday, November 29
No School - Fall Break