MOUNT HOLLY ROUNDUP 9/17/21
Mount Holly Elementary School Mighty Mustangs
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JONES
Next week is our first BOOK FAIR of the year. Please see more information below from our FABULOUS librarian, Mrs. Katy Holder.
Please don't hesitate to contact me or the school, if you have any questions/concerns.
I hope you have a great weekend!
FLAG PATROL TRAINING
A special thanks to Major Murray and the Rock Hill High School ROTC! This week a few cadets came over to Mount Holly to show our safety patrol members how to properly put up and take down our flags outside at the flag poles.
DISTRICT COVID UPDATES
Dear Rock Hill Schools Families,
Monday night our Board of Trustees met and we asked them to revise some of the policies we have in place as a result of COVID-19.
The Board approved three changes last night that impact families:
- In-county field study programs will resume on a case-by-case basis.
- Essential volunteers will be allowed at the discretion of each school but must follow COVID mitigation protocols.
- Clarification was provided on our quarantine and isolation COVID protocols as described below.
When it comes to our COVID response, we are working to get a centralized site up and running for questions and for processing early-returns from quarantine. This location, at Belleview Elementary School, will be open in two weeks and will host a call center for questions in addition to verifying paperwork to process requests for early returns from quarantine. We will provide a phone number when the site is open.
Currently quarantine is 14 days.
- If you’d like your child to return to campus at day 11, then they must wear a mask in school.
- If your child has tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days, you may waive quarantine by providing the nurse documentation of a positive test from a qualified testing site or doctor’s office.
- Vaccinated children, who have no symptoms, may also have quarantine waived by providing the school nurse with proof of vaccination.
A seven-day quarantine will also be available in the next two weeks and more details will be shared for that option soon.
Thank you all for your patience as we work through assisting our students and families.
John A. Jones, Jr., ED.d.
DISTRICT CANVAS PARENT TRAINING
September 21, 2021 at 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. (2 session offerings)
Central Office, 386 E. Black Street
Parents of students in grades 3-12 are invited to join a special training session for the CANVAS platform. The training will be hosted by district Instructional Technology Specialists and will go over how to use the learning technology platform. Space is limited, so registration is necessary.
Sign up using JotForm: https://form.jotform.com/212496028294157
VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR 9/20 - 10/3
Message from School Librarian
Hello amazing Mount Holly Families!
Our school book fair is fast approaching. Due to several factors, our Fall Book Fair will be virtual. The book fair link will be active from September 20th to October 3rd. Please set the above link as a bookmark and reminder. If you are cautious about purchasing over the internet, please remember that you can buy disposable Visa and Mastercard gift cards at locations such as Dollar General, CVS, and Walgreens. Also, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. You can also access a tutorial about the book fair using the below link. I'm so excited about one of our most beloved library events. While I hope we can have an in-person book fair in the Spring, I am ecstatic anytime I get to bring books to students. Thank you!
Mount Holly Elementary School
SEPTEMBER IS ATTENDANCE AWARENESS MONTH
SPOTLIGHT ON FIRST GRADE
MRS. HERNANDEZ, MRS. SIMPSON, AND MS. ROBINSON
BEGINNING OF THE YEAR ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE
4K - 5TH GRADE
- AUGUST 16TH - OCTOBER 14TH - PALS TESTING FOR 4K STUDENTS
- AUGUST 16TH - OCTOBER 14TH - KRA TESTING FOR KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
- AUGUST 30TH - OCTOBER 8TH - F AND P TESTING (1ST - 5TH)
These beginning of the year assessments will provide your child's teacher will valuable academic information to help better meet their needs.
- SEPTEMBER 16TH (Thursday) - PTO Meeting at 5:30PM
- SEPTEMBER 22ND (Wednesday) - See You At The Pole at 7:00am
- SEPTEMBER 20TH - OCTOBER 3RD (Monday - Sunday) - VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR
- OCTOBER 8TH (Friday) - FALL PICTURE DAY
- OCTOBER 9TH (Monday) - PTO FUNDRAISER KICK-OFF
- OCTOBER 15TH (Friday) - TEACHER WORKDAY (NO student or assistant attendance)
- OCTOBER 18th (Monday) - TEACHER Professional Development Day
- OCTOBER 25TH (Monday) - PTO FUNDRAISER ENDS