"Technology-based learning that has been developed by the Cognition & Technology Group at Vanderbilt (CTGV) under the leadership of John Bransford."
Where to start:
Use material/media such as a video or an interactive website. This provides shared experience and information as a starting point in a classroom.
- short but includes vocabulary and important points of discussion.
- relatable and understandable by students
- Student's are presented with a task or problem
- They use their background knowledge and peers to work through the problem or topic
- The teacher is a facilitator. Present students with "What if" questions.