Borah High Fall Newsletter
Home of the Lions
Letter from the Principal's Desk
The 2016-2017 school year is off to an awesome start. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on November 2nd and 3rd from 4pm-7pm each evening. There will be no school on Friday, November 4th. Parent Teacher Conferences are a great opportunity to meet your student’s teachers and check on your child’s progress through the 1st Quarter, which ends on October 28th. One of our main focuses again this year is to ensure all students in need of academic assistance receive timely and specific support. The Borah High Academic Intervention Team meets weekly to ensure all students receive timely and appropriate academic assistance when it is needed. Please contact your counselor anytime you feel your child is in need of additional academic support.
Yearbook Picture Dates / Senior Photo Specs / Senior Ad Order Info
LITTLE LION PRESCHOOL
Borah's Little Lion Preschool is happening again this year. Meet the teacher on November 8th. The Preschool will run Tuesday through Friday November 29 - December 20 from 7:55-9:30 AM. If you have/know a child that is age 3-5 years and would like more information please contact email@example.com
Friday, Dec. 9th, 4:30pm to Saturday, Dec. 10th, 8pm
6001 West Cassia Street
National Honor Society is hosting Santa Claus at the Borah High Boys and Girls Basketball games December 9th & 10th. Come meet Santa & have your picture taken with him. Santa will be in the foyer of the main gym both nights from 4:30 - 8:00 pm. Donations kindly accepted.
Borah Library Reminders
- Simply Google "Borah Library" to access research materials, Overdrive (same app as Boise Public Library!) eBooks and eAudio that can be used from any computer or smart device. Your students have access to an amazing breadth and depth of news, instruction and fun reading!
- Our Library programs are: "Labyrinths and Lions" role playing club Monday at lunch, "Listen in the Library" Wednesday before 1st period, "Makertime" Thursday at lunch, "Book Club" Friday at lunch, and "First Friday" the 1st Friday of each month at lunch. For our November First Friday our own jazz combo "The Squids" will play!
- Continue to support your student in being a life long reader! Our library includes titles for ALL reading levels and interests.
- All students are required to obtain a permit to leave if they are leaving during school hours.
- Exceptions: during lunch time or if he/she has an off campus class and are leaving at that time.
- Any missed class must be excused by a parent or guardian.
- If your student is going to be gone for more than 1 day and you already know, it's fine to excuse them with one call.
Winter Sports are coming!
If your son/daughter is planning on participating in athletics this winter, they will need to make sure they have completed the necessary paperwork PRIOR to the first day of tryouts!!
The first and most important thing is having a current physical completed and on file with our athletic trainer. Athletes are required to have an updated physical for athletics their freshman (9th grade) and junior (11th grade) years.
Athletes and Parents also need to complete and sign an Interim Questionnaire, Boise School District Code of Conduct, and Concussion Acknowledgement form. These can be now be completed online!
You can access directions for this process by going to: Borah Website – Athletics & Activities – Borah Sports Medicine – Athletic Forms