Gulf oil spill
By: emily meador
Golf oil spill
- When did the spill occur?
April 20, 2010
- Where did the spill occur?
Gulf of Mexico
- How and why did the spill occur?
There was an explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil
- What damage?
4.9 million barrels were in the ocean and 39 species at risk. 15,700 offshore animals.
- What methods were used to clean it up?
Workers used physical barriers, skimmers , and dispersants.
- What are the lasting effects of the spill?
There are lots of dolphin deaths but other species are bouncing back.