RMS Weekly Event Calendar
September 19 - September 23
What's going on this week!
It's Homecoming week! As you can see below, it is going to be a very busy week. We have lots of activities that our students will be involved with this week and I hope you will too! It is great to see students enjoying their time at school and learning at the same time. This weekend I read the book, Do You Know Enough About Me to Teach Me, and it discussed the importance of developing relationships with our students and the difference it makes in their learning. The book stated, "It makes a powerful impression to see a teacher outside of work, especially if the student feels they came just to see them play. Show that you care by showing up on your time, not school time." Students love to know that teachers not only care about them as students....but as people as well.
We are continuing to celebrate Attendance Awareness Month with activities during our mentoring time. We will also have dress up days next week to celebrate this event. I am so excited to see several of you dressing up with our students on these days. They love to see their teachers involved in their activities! Don't be surprised if you see me sporting a costume this week! :-)
I hope all of you have a great and productive week! Keep up the great work you are doing each day!
Monday, September 19
- Homecoming Dress Up Day - Redneck or Hillbilly - Dress as a redneck or hillbilly
- ACT Aspire Parent Night - Media Center - 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- RMS Volleyball vs. Deshler Middle School - Home - 7th grade @ 4:30 p.m. & 8th grade at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 20
- Homecoming Dress Up Day - Throwback Day - Dress from a previous decade 60s, 70s, 80s, etc.
- Student Council Campaign Begins
- RMS Football vs. Haleyville - Away - 8th grade @ 5:00 p.m. & 7th grade @ 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 21
- Homecoming Dress Up Day - Twin Day - Dress exactly like someone else.
- Yearbook Party - 1:30 p.m. - 2:02 p.m.
- ACIP Meeting - Room 118 - Immediately after school
Thursday, September 22
- Homecoming Dress Up Day - Dress like your favorite Disney Character.
- RMS Volleyball vs. Brooks - Home - 7th grade @ 4:30 p.m. & 8th grade @ 5:30 p.m.
Friday, September 23
- Erin's Law Training Deadline - Please give your certificates to Mrs. Warhurst.
- Homecoming Dress Up Day - Spirit Day - Wear black/gold!
- Pep Rally - Middle School Gym - 10:45 a.m.
- RHS Football vs. Hartselle - Home - 7:00 p.m.