Top TEN News @ Weston
February 8, 2019
2. February 11-15 will be Random Acts of Kindness Week at Weston Elementary. During the week, students will have the opportunity to follow the adventures of Winnie the Pooh and his friends and then to participate in adventures of their own. Spirit Days will be:
Monday -- National Friendship Day
Tuesday -- Stuffed Animal Day (bring one to school!)
Wednesday -- Pin the Tail on Eeyore Day
Thursday -- Sweet Day
Friday -- Search Day This week will focus on being kind, friendship, and fun!
3. STUDENT SAFETY A critical ingredient in the safe school recipe is the classroom response to an incident at school. Weather events, fire, accidents, intruders and other threats to student safety are scenarios that are planned and trained for by students, teachers, staff and administration. Our school and GCCSC is expanding the safety program to include the Standard Response Protocol - Extended (SRPx). Over this next month our staff and students will ALL be trained to follow the SRP. See the document below to learn more about it.
4. Yearbooks are on sale through February 15th. Parents may order with the form (copy found below) or by going online to ybpay.lifetouch.com and using ID code 1768519.
5. We had 161 students (49%) receive Perfect Attendance for the month of January. They received a NEW brag tag for this. See the February brag tag below.
6. Kindergarten Round-Up information for the 2019-2020 school year can be found in a flyer below.
7. Starting next week we will have our “Morning Announcements” created and produced by third grade students. The WSTN News will be shared each day via Youtube. This newscast will have special ‘guest appearances’ by students, staff, and more! Information will be shared on where you can watch these on Youtube. Thanks Mrs. Evans in the library for doing this!!!!!!
8. Our PTO is looking for Prize Donations for their upcoming Bowling Night. Contact our office if you have any ideas :)
9. This month’s Weston Extra news is attached below as a pdf. See what’s going on throughout the building this month :)
10. Reminder that we DO NOT have school on Presidents’ Day, February 18th.