Team News 11.4
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
This month we celebrate the greatest virtue of all (as said by St. Ignatius), gratitude. What are ways we can celebrate this virtue as a school community? Please come with your ideas to our team meeting!
Gratitude Ideas for the Classroom
Reminders and Updates
- Check your email for our extensive sub plan this week.
- We will have PD on Tuesday during our monthly team meeting, NOT Friday.
- Friday is a half-day. What is better than PD in Nov? Sleep. Go home and rest.
- Saturday is the Assembly. You have been registered. Plan on being there early to get parking and carpool if you can. We will all meet outside the Starbucks at 7:15AM at St. Mary's. A map will be in your mailbox this week.
- Monday is a Holiday!
Team Meeting: PD on Learning A to Z, Cancel your clubs and tutoring!
Tuesday, Nov. 5th, 3:45-5pm
3:50 to 4PM: Gratitude Month and Updates
4PM to 5PM: Learning A to Z PD training with Learning AtoZ company
Team Potluck for Nov. BIrthdays
Thursday, Nov. 7th, 10:30am
SAVE THE DATE: Annual TEAM CHRISTMAS DINNER
Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 6:30pm to Thursday, Dec. 12th, 8pm
The Assembly: Required for all Full Time Teachers and Professional Staff
Saturday, Nov. 9th, 8am-3:30pm
1 Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, TX
You are signed up and ready to roll! Remember this archdiocesan mandated and we get a comp day off for this day so if you cannot attend, you will be required to use paid time off. Let me know ASAP.
A Classroom Christmas Gift!
We will talk logistics of this at our meeting.
Missed our Team Meeting? Minutes and Notes here!
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Monday to Thursday: 11AM to 2:30PM, Ms. Lori, Ms. Torres and Ms. Daigle with Ms. Buckner @ Schertz YMCA, Mr. Patrick and Ms. Vilma in at 10:30AM to support school. Please see email for all changes.
Monday: Ms. Molly and Mr. Victor out in AM.
Ms. VanZandt out all day (Ms. Julie in AM, Email for PM schedule)
Ms. Boehme out from 12:30PM on (See email for schedule)
Tuesday: Mrs. Brooks out (Ms. Sheila to sub)
Wednesday: Ms. Rosa out in PM.
Thursday: Coach Garcia out
Friday: Half Day, Early Release, No PD, Rest and Celebrate!
We are at capacity for all absences this week unless there is an emergency.
Nov 8 4th grade, Veterans' Day Mass
Middle School and 2nd Grade
Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
October/ November/December Duty
11.3: Mr. Victor is Today!!!!
11.8: Ms. Lori
Gratitude from the past week
- All of you that stayed after school to set up and support our Trunk or Treat. From set up to grilling hot dogs to hair painting to clean up. Thank you!
- Each of you that took time to dress up. Our kids loved it!!!
- Mrs. Moncrief for supporting our students in times of mental health crisis with grace and patience.
- All of you supporting the week ahead with subbing and shuffling. Thank you.
- Mrs. Cortez for getting our PD organized for Tuesday so we can make best use of our resources.
- All of the unnoticed yet appreciated ways each of you helps our school remain firmly rooted.
Progress Report Quarter 2: Grades complete by Sunday, Nov. 17
Report Card Quarter 2: Grades AND Skill Sets due by Thursday, December 19 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.