Open to 7th & 8th Graders
Leadership Class Defined
The primary responsibilities of the Leadership Class include communicating with the Student Body and representing Student Body, as well as the planning and production of all-school activities. In the process, we seek to promote citizenship, scholarship, leadership, and human relations. While organizing and promoting various events is the main focus of the class, you will be expected to complete some specific academic assignments as well.
Grade Point Average
- Each member must maintain a 2.0 GPA at each quarter.
- If a member does not maintain a 2.0 GPA, that member will be placed on probation for one grading period and will not be allowed to participate in any ASB activities outside of class. The member must attend and participate in classroom activities each day. If at the end of any other grading period during the year that member has not raised their GPA to 2.0, they will be removed from the elective class for that year.
- All members are expected to attend all mandatory ASB activities, including, but not limited to, rallies, fundraisers, community service projects, workdays, bonding activities, meetings, and working student store.
- Your grade will be determined on the following:
- Participation in required activities
- Growth of your leadership skills
- Members must maintain a positive attitude toward the advisor, school personnel, members of ASB, and others on campus
- You represent TBMS whether at a school function or not. If the advisor feels in any way that the reputation of the school or student council has been jeopardized, a parent will be notified and actions will be taken.
- Violation of the following (prior to, during, or after any school function) will result in immediate loss of eligibility:
- Possession of or under the influence of an illegal drug or alcohol
- Possession of a weapon
- Members of ASB are role models to others at and away from school and should strive to exhibit exemplary behavior at all times. This includes internet activity and behavior on or with any technological device.
- Members of ASB are asked to pay :
- T-Shirt (OPTIONAL) ….. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$10
- Sweatshirt (OPTIONAL) . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .$20
- Materials (OPTIONAL) ………………………..$5
- This will need to be paid for before the start of the school year
- (Financial arrangements can be made if necessary)