Pioneer Weekly Updates
March 3rd, 2023
Upcoming Events and Reminders:
*Women's History Month
*National Youth Art Month
4 - Patton's Spring Garden Day
6 - (RESCHEDULED) - First Grade Evening Performance at 6:00 p.m. - Patton Cafeteria
7 - Principal Coffee w/Patton Admin and Lynn Boswell, Board Trustee at 8:00 a.m. in the Patton Library
7 - Safety Drills: Shelter/Evacuation
8 - PreK - 2nd Track and Field
9 - 3rd - 5th - Track and Field
10 - Arts Day
13th - 17th - Spring Break
20 - 25 - AISD Pride Week
24 - PTA Sponsored Patton PRIDE Picnic at 4:30, Patton Elementary
24, 27 - 30 Spring Book Fair
31st - Cesar Chavez/Dolores Huerta Day, Student/Staff Holiday
3 - 9 - National Library Week
3 - 7 - National Assistant Principal Appreciation Week
4 - National School Librarian Day
17 - 21 - Public School Volunteer Week
19 - Reading STAAR (grades 3, 4, 5)
20 - Reading STAAR makeup (grades 3, 4,5)
25 - Science STAAR (grade 5)
25 - School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
26 - Science STAAR makeup (grade 5)
26 - Administrative Professionals Day
*Jewish American Heritage Month
*Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
*National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
1 - School Principal Day
1 - 5 - Teacher and Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week
2 - National Teacher Day
3 - Math STAAR (grades 3, 4, 5)
4 - Math STAAR makeup (grades 3, 4, 5)
10 - National School Nurse Day
29 - Memorial Day
Due to the inclement weather
we have rescheduled our amazing show
to Monday, March 6th, 2023
“All That Jazz, Soul, and Rock & Roll!”
Parents, Guardians, and other family members may only enter the building during school hours if they have passed a volunteer background check through Austin ISD. As such all families are invited to attend the evening performance on March 6th:
Student Arrival in Classrooms: 5:30 pm
Performance Begins: 6:00 pm
Thank you so much for your flexibility.
We cannot wait to see you next week on Monday!
- Elaina Walzel Kirsten Wingo
- email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
District GT Student Showcase Flier
Important Safety Reminders ~
Our hearts are with the friends and families and Goodnight Middle School in San Marcos. We want to use this time of heightened driving safety awareness to review the expectations at Patton Elementary. It takes us all working together to keep our students and staff safe and we thank you for your support following our safety guidelines:
· If you are using the circle drive for morning drop off, students should exit cars ONLY on the passenger side of the vehicle.
· In the circle drive, adults should STAY in the vehicle. If your student needs assistance with their buckle and/or exiting the car, please park on the street and walk up with your student. Please do not exit the vehicle on the driver’s side while in the circle drive.
· All adults and children should cross parking lots and streets using crosswalks. Again, please set a good example for our students and utilize our crosswalks and crossing guards.
· Avoid double parking and letting children out of the vehicle on the street.
· If you are in line for car drop-off, please follow safety guidelines for dropping your student off. It is very dangerous to let your child out before the circle drive and then either exit the line or make a U-turn to go back the other way.
· The parking lot between the school building and the portables is for staff and buses only!
· Do not park or drop off in the no parking zones. Our no parking zones allow buses and vehicles the needed visibility to see oncoming traffic, bikers, and walkers.
· The use of cellphones in school zones is prohibited. Please stay alert at all times!
Thank you for modeling for our students how to prioritize safety. We know that shortcuts are often attempted when we are running short on time. It’s not worth it, safety first!
Your Patton Admin Team
Community Traffic Changes:
Please Plan Accordingly!
Online Registration is Now Open
*Students must be registered for school EACH year*
ALL CURRENT STUDENTS RETURNING TO AISD FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR MUST COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION.
PRE-K Registration will open in April. More information to come.
Please follow the link below to sign into your Parent Portal to complete this process.
- Enrollment landing page: https://www.austinisd.org/enroll
Important dates and deadlines: https://www.austinisd.org/transfer/dates-deadlines
For questions, please contact Let’s Talk https://www.austinisd.org/letstalk and click on “Student Services: Enrollment, Records, & Transfers."
KLRU Writing Contest:
KLRU is sponsoring a writing contest for students in grades K-5
Entries are due on March 31, 2023 and can be submitted in Spanish or English
All participating students will have their work published online and receive a certificate
KLRU’s PBS Kids Writing Contest is back! Encourage your Kindergarten-5th grade students to write and submit their stories. Entries are due March 31, 2023. All participating students receive a certificate and will see their work published online.
Please share the flier (English and Spanish) with your teachers, students, and community. The flier contains contest details, including how to submit entries.