GCI Parent Newsletter
December 3, 2020
Thank you for reading our GCI Parent Newsletter for December 3, 2020. Hopefully this communication provides you with resources to assist in collaborating with us for GCI student success!
Update: GCI will continue virtual instruction through December 18.
- Our GCI phone (810) 591-4462 will be answered from 6:45 am to 4:30 pm each weekday that we are in session.
- Academic, Social-Emotional, and Technology supports are available. See below for more information.
- Food distribution is available at your local school district and through the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan https://www.fbem.org/programs/mobile-pantry-distributions/. Please let us know if you need assistance in locating this resource.
- Technology and application support are available.
- Please watch for more information in your email.
We wish you all a peaceful and healthy Holiday Season!
Mrs. Debbie Davis, Principal
Mr. Jason Carlisle, Assistant Principal
Virtual Resources for Parents
- Fever of 100.4 or above
- Uncontrolled cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches (“myalgia”)
- Severe headache
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
If your student has or you think they might have COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people. Staying away from others, helps stop the spread of COVID-19. If they have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get emergency medical care immediately. Please visit the Genesee County Health Department for more information at https://gchd.us/coronavirus/
Academic and Social-Emotional Supports for GCI Students
- Mrs. Aimee Dittenber - Math Support firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Melissa Hyatt - English/Language Arts Support email@example.com
- Both are available to provide academic support in any course
- Mrs. Jennifer Thomas (Early Middle College Counselor) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Vanita Wilson email@example.com
Special Populations Coordinator
- Mrs. Kim Mossing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Available to assist students with IEP’s in navigating assignments, assessments and a variety of other services.
GCI Counseling Service
Mrs. Vanita Wilson, GCI Counselor, is available to provide remote counseling services for all GCI students while we are engaged in virtual learning.
- counseling and supportive guidance
- academic and career advising; scholarships
- solutions-focused problem-solving, and mental health interventions
- information, referral and connection to community resources
- supplemental best practice-based academic or social, emotional, behavioral or mental health
To schedule a zoom conference call, please follow the link: https://calendly.com/vanitawilsongcicounseling/gci-counseling
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Wilson at email@example.com
Need technical assistance for a GCI student?
- GCI Troubleshooting for Students - Mr. Roberts (810) 354-7232
- GISD Parent Assistance Help Desk (810) 244-7187
- Need a GCI Chromebook? Call the GCI Office at (810) 591-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, December 21 - Friday, January 1 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 18 - MLK Day - No school
- Friday, January 22 - End of Marking Period 2/End of First Semester
- Monday, January 25 - Second Semester Begins
- Thursday, February 11 - Professional Development Day - No school for students.
Friday, February 12-Monday, February 15 - Mid Winter Break - No school for students
Friday, March 26 - End of Marking Period 3