Marine Organism Antibiotics
Claire Perkins and Morgan Ezell
- Help create new drugs and medicines.
- Can be used to develop new antibiotics and stop superbugs.
- The ocean harbors the most biodiversity so it holds the best resources for drug development.
- Scientists explore the ocean to find new marine organisms for resources.
- Once they find organisms they can synthetically recreate the resource.
Examples of successes
These charts (below) show different ocean microbes and how they are used to help with developing new drugs.
- Large Untapped Resource
- Simple and Highly Effective
- Constant Supply
- Prevents Widespread Disease
- Additional Uses
- Hard to Access
- Needs Approval
- Hard Work
- Low and Inconstant Yields
- New Resistance
We support marine organism antibiotics!