1st Grade Beach Break
September 19, 2016
What a GREAT group of Kids!!
Welcome to a new week! It is hard to believe we have already completed four weeks of school!! Progress reports will be coming home on Tuesday. Just a reminder that this first progress report will only have a letter grade on each of the different content areas. There is a description of what each letter grade means on the progress report. All report cards and progress reports moving forward will have some content areas with a number grade while others will remain a letter grade.
- Friday, September 30th is spirit day. Let's show our school spirit!!
- Progress reports will be going out on Tuesday, September 20th.
- Our first Chick-Fil-A spirit night is on Tuesday, September 20th.
- Wednesday, October 5th and Thursday, October 6th, the fire truck will be stopping by the school.
- Friday, October 7th is an early release day. School will dismiss at noon.
- Monday, October 10th, there is no school.
Looking at the Week Ahead
- Using context clues
- Making Reading sound like talk
- Activating background knowledge
- Making predictions
Guided reading books (RED folder) will start coming home on Monday the 19th. Please enjoy this precious reading time with your child!
Week In Review
Reader's and Writer's Workshop
During our Reader's Workshop this week, I completed DRA testing. The students are now ready to bring home their RED (Read Every Day) folders. Be looking for that in their BEACH folders.
We have started working on establishing good writing habits. They are all doing so well already. I hear them remind each other daily about some of the new habits that we learned, such as skipping lines on our sloppy copies.