Canada in 2060
- Canada on average accepts 250,000 immigrants per year
- Most of Canada's Immigrants come from China, India and The Philippines
- Pull Factors: Education and Job opportunities, Strong Economy, Free health care, low Crime Rate
- Push Factors: Cold climate, High taxes
This tells us that the population is increasing rapidly due to the high influx of Immigrants. Also many of these Immigrants are Business, Skilled Workers or Economic which will help are Economy a lot.
- Canada is in Stage 4 of the Demographic Transition Model
- Canada's death rate is 8.31 per 1000
- Canada's birth rate is 10.29 per 1000
This tells us the population is growing because the birth rate is higher than the death rate
- First Nations are treated horribly
- 3rd world living
- Untrue statements said about them. ( Alcoholics, beggars etc)
- Promised things never given to them
We can never really know if the First Nations will be treated right until it actually happens. The Government has promised and never delivered promises to them several times
Immigration Rate: Canada already accepts 250,000 Immigrants per year and because of this are Economy has gotten stronger each time. As the Economy gets stronger as more people migrate here, Canada will get much more appealing and will no doubt get a larger Immigration rate.
Push Factors: Many push factors today will still be true in 2060. The Climate will still be very cold and Taxes will still be high.
Pull Factors: Same as Push Factors the pull factors will be the same as well. Job and Educational opportunities will still be at large and with the Economy getting stronger Free Health Care will be there as well.
Province of Settlement: Ontario and Quebec will most likely be the provinces of settlement in 2060 these provinces have all of the tourist attractions. Ontario also contains cities like Toronto and Ottawa which have always been the most populated