Excellence in a Creative Environment for Learning
DBE Online Store
We have arranged to have a temporary online store so students, parents, and staff can purchase DBE merchandise (Shirts, hoodies, hats, bags, etc.). The store will be open until 9:59am on Monday, February 4th. Most shirts have color options. Merchandise will be ordered after the store closes and will be delivered to students and staff at DBE a few weeks following. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Leimkuhler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DBE Online Store: https://dbexcelspring2019.itemorder.com/sale
Welding Summer Courses
The following Welding courses will be offered Summer 2019 at the RCAM downtown Kingsport:
- WELD 1060- 4 weeks (May 27-June 21)- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday class for 7.5 hours per day
- WELD 1070- 4 weeks (July 8-August 2)- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday class for 7.5 hours per day
Classes will be 8:00am-4:00pm with a 30 minute lunch break.
Current 10th and 11th graders can obtain access to these courses for free. College books will be provided. Students from the Class of 2019 can participate but funding will be different.
Students who wish to continue to pursue required courses for a Welding Certificate/Degree through NeSCC can register/enroll in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 NeSCC courses. Those courses are TBD and will be published as soon as finalized. Course schedules can be changed in Summer 2019 if necessary.
Please contact Robin Kerkhoff for more information.
DBE MATE TEAM
UPCOMING MATE MEETINGS:
- Tuesday, February 5th until 4pm
- Wednesday, February 6th until 4pm
- Saturday, February 9th : 12-3pm at STREAMWorks STEM Gym
Team members must have their permission slip turned in to be able to attend the STEM Gym.
STREAMWorks STEM Gym
200 Lynn Garden Drive
(in the old Mullins Company office building)
Senior Yearbook Ads
After completing the form, please send in the appropriate amount to D-B EXCEL to complete your purchase.
Senior Ad Pricing:
- 1/2 Page = $25
- Full Page = $50
Please make checks payable to D-B EXCEL. All payments can be turned into Ms. Shuler at the front lobby.
If you have any issues with the form or need help submitting your information for the ad, please contact Mrs. Leimkuhler at email@example.com or call D-B EXCEL at 423-378-2185.
Volunteers are needed at Asbury Place in Kingsport.
If you would like to learn new skills and be a friend to an elderly person, then volunteer at Asbury Place!
Contact Ms. Lauren Huddleston for details and to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 423-797-6605
Attention: Need to Know
Students are not allowed to leave the building for any reason once in the building. This includes stepping out to your vehicle to grab any items needed. KCS policy requires that students must have a parent or guardian call to give permission before leaving school grounds.
For any additional questions, please see Mrs. Hensley.
Student Key Cards
Replacement cards are $5, and Cash & checks are accepted. If paying with a check, make the check out to D-B EXCEL.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please follow the traffic pattern. When you enter the DBE parking lot, please take an immediate right and circle the lot in that direction.
- Students may be picked up in the DBE parking lot or on Roller Street.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PICKED UP OR DROPPED OFF IN OTHER PARKING LOTS.
- Dismissal procedures are that bus riders are dismissed at the 2:30pm bell, car riders and walkers will be dismissed via announcement once all bus riders are loaded, and then student drivers will be dismissed via announcement once the parking lot is cleared of car riders. Everyone must follow these procedures to ensure safety during dismissal. Failure to follow these procedures will result in an office referral.
- Shanna Hensley/DBE: @KCS_DBEXCEL
- Amanda Dunham: @Dunham_DBEXCEL
- Antonia Adinolfi: @MissA_DBEXCEL
- Brandon Lewis: @Lewis_DBEXCEL
- Erica Gardner: @Gardner_DBEXCEL
- Jay Conkin: @Conkin_DBEXCEL
- Josh Mowell: @Mowell_DBEXCEL
- Leah Darnell: @Darnell_DBEXCEL
- Robin Kerkhoff: @KerkhoffDBEXCEL
- Sam McCord: @McCord_DBEXCEL
- Sara Shaffer: @Shaffer_DBEXCEL
- Vicky Livesay: @livesay_DBEXCEL
- MATE Team: @MATE_DBEXCEL
Pairing Codes for Canvas Parent Accounts
*If you already have an account from the Canvas Parent App, log in to Canvas using those credentials.
To observe a student, you must obtain a pairing code from your student. Students can generate a pairing code by signing into Canvas then Click Account>Settings>Pair with Observer.
To set up your parent account:
- Go to https://kingsport.instructure.com/login/canvas
Enter the following information:
-Enter your name in the Your Name field.
-Enter your email in the Your Email field.
-Enter your password in the Password field.
-Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
-Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
-Click the Start Participating button.
To observe a student, you must have a student pairing code. Students can access the pairing code through their settings
- Click the Start Participating button.
Some notes on the pairing code:
For now, each pairing code will live for 24 hours. That means once the pairing code is generated, it will remain valid for 24 hours, then it expires.
Each pairing code can only be used once. Once it’s used in account registration, the pairing code expires and the observer remains successfully paired. If you want to pair two observers to one student, each observer needs a unique pairing code.
Want to learn more about Canvas?
Join the Parent Introduction to Canvas course!
(no need for an account - this course is open to the public!)
Click here to go to the Canvas login page. Click Browse courses. Choose the "Parent Introduction to Canvas" course.
DBE School Schedule
School Day: 7:45am - 2:30pm
Advisory 7:45am - 8:25am
A Block 8:30am - 9:45am
B Block 9:50am - 11:05am
C Block 11:10am - 1:05pm
D Block 1:10pm - 2:30pm
Dismissal: Beginning at 2:30pm
Bus riders will be dismissed at the 2:30pm bell.
Car riders and walkers will be dismissed as the bus leaves.
- Student drivers will be dismissed last.
*Advisory is a class and students will have tasks to complete during this period. Attendance will be taken in Advisory and absences can effect their ability to participate in school activities that have attendance requirements.*
Below you will find D-B's daily schedule. The first day of school they will have an extended homeroom period then starting on Tuesday they will operate on a regular schedule.