Park Crest Panther Paper
August 24, 2020
To view this newsletter in languages other than English, please open the document in an internet browser and scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Translate” button.
Para ver este boletín en otro lenguaje que no sea Ingles, por favor abre este mensaje en una página de internet. Baje hasta el fin de la página y oprima el botón “Translate”
Để xem bản tin này bằng các ngôn ngữ ngoài tiếng Anh, vui lòng mở tài liệu trong internet và kéo xuống cuối trang để nhấn nút dịch.
SURVEY NEEDED - Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) Testing
The Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) is given three times a year to k-8 students in GISD. Normally this takes place on campus.
Before we schedule your student into a testing session, we would like your input. Please complete this survey to let us know if you would prefer your student to take the test from a remote location (home, babysitters, daycare) or in a small group here at Park Crest.
Once we have your survey information, you teacher will contact you to schedule a date and time. As always, we appreciate your support and partnership in our commitment to student success.
Google Meet Expectations
During this time of virtual learning students do not need to be in uniform but students need to be:
- Dressed - shirts and bottoms (pants/shorts/skirts)
- Sitting up - not laying down in bed.
- No blankets over their heads - we need to see their beautiful faces.
- Not eating - they have lots of time to grab snacks and lunch during asynchronous learning time AND a built in lunch/recess time.
- Enter the Google Meet with mics muted to help teachers if lessons have already started.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me, Ms. Kleckner, principal, or your child's teacher if you need anything, we are here for you!!
Specials for the next 2 weeks...
Here is how Specials will work the next three weeks.
- The students can log into specials at any time to complete their assignments
- The schedule below shows when specials teachers will be live in Google Meet during their designated Specials Time.
- The link and password information is on each special teachers Canvas page for students to see.
Google Meet during designated specials time - students should visit the art, library, music and gym classes in Canvas to find the google meet codes!
Week 3 & 4
Back to School Forms
Every year, back-to-school forms ask families to verify or update contact information, select notification preferences, agree to guidelines on acceptable use of technology, etc.
Back-to-School forms for the 2020-21 school year will be available online in Skyward on July 13. Please make plans to complete these important forms before the start of school so staff have the most up-to-date information for your student.
Important: No printed forms will be distributed this year. The entire process will be completed online in skyward. Please call the school if you need help logging in to skyward.
Students have the opportunity to check out library books even while learning at home. Read more in Mrs. Nethaway's newsletter!